Proposal: Duchene to Montreal

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Ya no, you are full of crap. Such stupid platitudes and generalizations.
Truth hurts doesn’t it...so much that you resort to personal attacks :laugh: read the Montreal boards I’m sure you will find much of the same opinions

Last edited by a moderator:

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Sens don't seem interested in Galchenyuk why not just keep it 3ov for Duchene?

Ottawa sets themselves up for 2 blue chippers and Montreal gets the top 6 centre they need.

There are a number of reasons why Ottawa would not be interested.
-Turris, Bowers, Hammond, a 3rd round pick, a 2019 1st, and now Duchene in the span of less than a year returns a 3rd overall...
-Shipping Duchene out tells everyone the Sens aren't interested in winning now so EK and potentially other core players leave
-Ottawa would have the same issues Montreal has now with centre depth (Pageau would be penciled in as the top natural centre in the organization)
-Going back to the 2019 1st and with Duchene and EK out of the lineup, it's nearly guaranteed that the Avs are given a top 5 pick

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Truth hurts doesn’t it...so much that you resort to personal attacks :laugh: read the Montreal boards I’m sure you will find much of the same opinions

More like your post is so full of crap that it's not worth a real response. I am a Montreal fan and have been for decades and do post regularly on the boards and that is not the general feeling.

Where is your proof about his conditioning? Did you even see his off season workouts like last summer and the one before, with Markov?
Same with his family being a bad influence....I follow the Habs a lot and have never heard a word about this.
He can't play center? More like the Habs have squandered his abilities by trying to convert him to wing. His best stretches in the NHL have been when he was consistently played at center.

Darn he looks like he is soooo out of shape...

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
More like your post is so full of crap that it's not worth a real response. I am a Montreal fan and have been for decades and do post regularly on the boards and that is not the general feeling.

Where is your proof about his conditioning? Did you even see his off season workouts like last summer and the one before, with Markov?
Same with his family being a bad influence....I follow the Habs a lot and have never heard a word about this.
He can't play center? More like the Habs have squandered his abilities by trying to convert him to wing. His best stretches in the NHL have been when he was consistently played at center.

Darn he looks like he is soooo out of shape...

No abs? Wow. I thought most NHL players had abs.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Ya no, you are full of crap. Such stupid platitudes and generalizations.

I'll help.

He can't really play center or else he would be. He's not defensively responsible enough for that.
His conditioning is excellent. His commitment to hockey overall is poor. The guy went to rehab for substance abuse twice, so yeah, the limelight of Montreal strikes again..
His attitude has question marks. Yes it does. Its the main reason why he's not a consistent 30 goal 60 point player.
He has been damaged by the pressure and environment of Montreal. No doubt, but hes young and can move on/learn from it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As a Habs fans, not interested in Duchene anymore. We fell off the rails this past season. It makes no sense to make a trade where we acquire a player with one year left. I wish the Sens luck with Duchene and what they can get for him (or re-sign him). If he becomes a UFA, Habs can entertain if he wants to come to Montreal. No big deal if he doesn't

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I'll help.

He can't really play center or else he would be. He's not defensively responsible enough for that.
His conditioning is excellent. His commitment to hockey overall is poor. The guy went to rehab for substance abuse twice, so yeah, the limelight of Montreal strikes again..
His attitude has question marks. Yes it does. Its the main reason why he's not a consistent 30 goal 60 point player.
He has been damaged by the pressure and environment of Montreal. No doubt, but hes young and can move on/learn from it.

Again the he can't play center is overblow and his best games were as a center.
Substance abuse means poor commitment to hockey? Then dozens and dozens of players have that same issue.

See what you want to see, he is not a perfect player but he is nowhere near as bad or terrible person as you try and make him out to be.

Maybe we should talk about Duchene's attitude problems? His up and down career? He has a ton of talent but he is known for inconsistent effort and some attitude issues. You don't remember Giguere blasting his younger teammates, Duchene in particular supposedly, as they were more interested on the end of year trip to Vegas than playing well and ended the season strong two years ago? Patrick Roy called him out also and teammate Erik Johnson is on record saying that Duchene didn't want to be in Colorado.

At the end of the day I still don't see how he is worth a 3rd, especially in a draft that has a bunch of great talent for a rebuilding team like the Habs.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Substance abuse means poor commitment to hockey? Then dozens and dozens of players have that same issue.

See what you want to see, he is not a perfect player but he is nowhere near as bad or terrible person as you try and make him out to be.

Maybe we should talk about Duchene's attitude problems? His up and down career? He has a ton of talent but he is known for inconsistent effort and some attitude issues. You don't remember Giguere blasting his younger teammates, Duchene in particular supposedly, as they were more interested on the end of year trip to Vegas than playing well and ended the season strong two years ago? Patrick Roy called him out also and teammate Erik Johnson is on record saying that Duchene didn't want to be in Colorado.

At the end of the day I still don't see how he is worth a 3rd, especially in a draft that has a bunch of great talent for a rebuilding team like the Habs.

Okay so why have 2 coaches, over the span of 5 years, refuse to really play him at center for long periods of time? Probably because there's something he just doesn't get. Or maybe its off ice stuff. I agree his production was best a center but...?

In his case yes. The party scene of Montreal was a huge distraction for Galchenyuk mentally, to the point where he developed an addiction problem... if that's not poor commitment I don't know what is. Yes other athletes go through this but others handle it much better than Alex, clearly.

Oh yesss, and the same attitude issues Turris had when we first acquire him blah bla blaa. Duchene wanted out of COL, for whatever reason, and is very happy being back in his home province of Ontario. So if he's in a happy place, I expect good play from Duchene next year (which is what we saw for the final 40+ games this year, he was a force).

He's not worth the 3rd overall but with Price, Weber the Habs window to win with "this team" is maybeee another 2-3 years (if they can retool) so getting someone older like Duchene/Tavares at Center would be ideal for Bergy imo. Not saying its the right move, but they have so many good draft picks this year that their prospect pool can still be replenished without the 3rd overall.

Anyways, the original deal was terrible for OTT and the difference between the 3rd and 4th overall is not as big as Duchene vs Galchenyuk.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

That’s about 20% right.
-Duchenes results have been inconsistent but never his effort.
-The only time his attitude has been poor was at the beginning of this year when he clearly didn’t want to be in Colorado, but he had 10 points in 13.1 games.
-Giguere never singled out Duchene. Shane O’Brien was the guy that took an annual Vegas trip after the season. I don’t believe Duchene ever did that.
-Roy called him out once for celebrating after he scored his 30th goal in a game the Avs were losing towards the end of a bad season. It wasn’t for lack of effort or poor attitude.
-EJ is definitely on record saying that, but it wasn’t exactly a secret.

In general, Duchene was loved in Colorado. It’s unfortunate things ended the way they did but it isn’t exactly fair to try to use that ending to rewrite the other 8 years he spent in Denver.

Duchene is a very good, but not elite, player. When he goes cold, he gets into his own head and has trouble breaking out of it. He’s going to give 100%, but he’s going to grip his stick to hard and not finish. It’s far and away his biggest flaw. If he spends 8 years on a terrible team, he may request a trade and not be happy when it doesn’t come. But I don’t believe that is an overall character flaw.

Reactions: Karlstrobe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad