Duchene, Stone, Karlsson or Patrick, Voracek, Provorov

Duchene, Stone, Karlsson or Patrick, Voracek, Provorov

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
What a strange poll. The Sens 3 best players vs the Flyers 7th best player, 3rd best player, and 5th best player?

Why not Duchene, Stone, Karlsson

Vs

Giroux, Couturier/Voracek, Ghost?

That would be a closer poll for sure I asked myself the same question.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
The poll is asking who would you rather have going forward, in the sense that contractual situation doesn't apply...

Of course it would apply as it didn't state they were all signed. You have EK and Duchene with a year left, Stone on RFA and the other 3 all locked up.

If we assume it doesn't matter then its more would you like the better group for a 4 year window or the less solid group for a 8-10 year window of their prime.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Inb4 every Sens fan comes laughing at you
Also, Stone > Voreck. No equal sign needed. The Sens have the two best players in the poll, so it is easy them as of right now.
Prior to this season Hoffman has always been an elite shot generator and goal scorer while also being very good in transition. Duchene isn’t as well rounded of a player

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Inb4 every Sens fan comes laughing at you

Also, Stone > Voreck. No equal sign needed. The Sens have the two best players in the poll, so it is easy them as of right now.

Not sure who Voreck is but Voracek is definitely better.
Points in the last 4 years :
Voracek : 81, 55, 61, 85
Stone : 64, 61, 54, 62

Even if you believe Stone is a bit better defensively (where Voracek is no slouch), I'll take the guy who has been over 80 points twice.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Even if you believe Stone is a bit better defensively (where Voracek is no slouch), I'll take the guy who has been over 80 points twice.

Context is important here, as Mark Stone has never had linemates comparable to what Jake has had. Stone was also above a PPG this season and if he didn't miss time with an injury would have outscore Voracek. Jakub is one of my favourite players in the league, but I don't think it's cut and dry that he's better than Stone just because of points.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
what a weird poll

Ottawa trio now; Flyers trio for the future. By the time Provorov & Patrick hit their primes, the Ottawa players will be exiting their prime and 2 of them are probably not even Senators.

Last edited:

6 Karlsson 5

Aug 9, 2012

I love the sacracm over a typo, always shows how smart you are on the internet. Maybe you should have been less focused on my typo and more focused on context when making an argument, not that you made much of one.
In the last 4 years, J.V has outpaced M.S one time. Want to know what season that was? Stone's rookie year. Essentially, your argument is J.V is better becasue he plays more. Fine, but I'd say that makes him more valauble; it does not make him better, which is what I'm arguing.

Last edited:

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
what a weird poll

Ottawa trio now; Flyers trio for the future. By the time Provorov & Patrick hit their primes, the Ottawa players will be exiting their prime and 2 of them are probably not even Senators.

the poll is also weird because it's taking the Sens 3 best players, but not the Flyers best. makes no sense.

should be Giroux, Couturier, Provorov vs. Duchene, Stone, Karlsson. in which case the Flyers would win both now and in the future.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Long-term going forward the Flyers trio, right now and in the immediate future the Sens trio.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
the poll is also weird because it's taking the Sens 3 best players, but not the Flyers best. makes no sense.

should be Giroux, Couturier, Provorov vs. Duchene, Stone, Karlsson. in which case the Flyers would win both now and in the future.

This isn't a flyers vs senators poll. Why get so defensive? Its 3 players vs 3 players of OP's choosing.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Karlsson

Voracek
Provorov
Stone

Duchene

Patrick

I'll pick sens, slight margin

Last edited by a moderator:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Hmm, so no one thinks Patrick has much upside to be better player than Duchene?

Do you think Duchene is some stick in the mud? Flyers fans should hope he can be similar to Duchene.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
This isn't a flyers vs senators poll. Why get so defensive? Its 3 players vs 3 players of OP's choosing.

nobody's defensive. it's just an odd choice that's all. the poll makes no sense whatsoever. relax.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Now Ottawa, future Philly.

I don't think Voracek will become better than he is right now and Stone is equally better or very very close. Unfortunately he doesn't play with Giroux and Couturier.

I don't think Provorov will be better than Karlsson. That would actually mean he would be the best defensemen in the NHL.

And then Patrick. Possibke he becomes better than Duchene but .. It's a long shot at this moment. If Patrick becomes much better than Duchene then it could be equal for future but don't see how that would be likely.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Patrick’s ceiling is probably around 60-65 points. One of the weakest second overal picks in recent memory. Nico’s gonna be a stud, though.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
nobody's defensive. it's just an odd choice that's all. the poll makes no sense whatsoever. relax.

What do you mean it doesn't make sense? It's 3 players vs 3 players. Vote for the 3 you'd prefer. Why does it have to ha some proper theme for you to enjoy it?

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
What do you mean it doesn't make sense? It's 3 players vs 3 players. Vote for the 3 you'd prefer. Why does it have to ha some proper theme for you to enjoy it?

it doesn't make sense because he's taking the Sens 3 best players but he's not comparing them to Philly's 3 best. tell me how there's logic behind comparing a team's #1 C who's been playing for 10 years with a team's #2 C who's a rookie? or comparing the best defenseman in the league with one who's only been playing for 2 years?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Depends on how far into the future we're talking :dunno:

If the rest of my team was ready to make noise, or soon would be, then I take the ottawa trio. Stone & Voracek is a toss up; I think Duchene is under-rated & was a Patrick skeptic; and no matter how much I love Provy, he isn't helping a team contend in these next few years more than Karlsson would.

If I'm rebuilding, then gimme the kid who could snag a Norris in the future...during an off year from Dahlin. Like how MacK might snag a Hart this year & had a real shot at the Art Ross...at least until he hurt himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad