Duchene, Stone, Karlsson or Patrick, Voracek, Provorov

Duchene, Stone, Karlsson or Patrick, Voracek, Provorov

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Hmm, so no one thinks Patrick has much upside to be better player than Duchene?

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Patrick will be a better player than Duchene by next season IMO. He had a rough start to last season coming off double hernia surgery and not being able to work out all off-season. He really came into his own in the last third of the season though. With a full offseason of training for the first time in 2 years I think he's going to prove all the doubters wrong.

Reactions: Gsus

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Patrick will be a better player than Duchene by next season IMO. He had a rough start to last season coming off double hernia surgery and not being able to work out all off-season. He really came into his own in the last third of the season though. With a full offseason of training for the first time in 2 years I think he's going to prove all the doubters wrong.

Which is fine.

But for this poll to be close Patrick will have to be better than Duchene by a similar amount compared to how much better Karlsson is to Provorov... I don't think people doubt that Patrick will be good, he will likely be as good as Duchene and has a chance to be better.

Duchene is underrated since everything happened in Colorado. The guy still went PPG for the last 35 games of the season. Finished with 59 pts and 27 goals. A full year in Ottawa now used to his teammates he should put up 65-70.

Reactions: NyQuil

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Which is fine.

But for this poll to be close Patrick will have to be better than Duchene by a similar amount compared to how much better Karlsson is to Provorov... I don't think people doubt that Patrick will be good, he will likely be as good as Duchene and has a chance to be better.

Duchene is underrated since everything happened in Colorado. The guy still went PPG for the last 35 games of the season. Finished with 59 pts and 27 goals. A full year in Ottawa now used to his teammates he should put up 65-70.

Yeah I agree, as good as Provorov is, Karlsson makes this poll pretty one-sided.
At the moment
Patrick < Duchene
Voracek > Stone
Provorov < Karlsson

Obviously with how young Patrick and Provorov are this could change soon. Going forward I like the Philly group, but if I was choosing for one season right now it would be the Ottawa group.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
In the future I'd say:
Stone>=Voracek
Patrick>=Duchene
Karlsson>Provorov
So I'll take the sens threesome.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
While the Ottawa trio will likely contribute marginally more on the score board the Philly trio's skill sets will likely be more conducive to winning. Also contracts will likely be significantly cheaper for the duration of this comparison.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Now and in the future is very different in this poll. You're asking about 3 players currently in their prime against 1 player in his prime and 2 players with a combined 3 seasons under their belts.

Right now:
Karlsson >> Provorov
Duchene > Patrick
Stone < Voracek

In a 3-4 years:
Karlsson > Provorov
Duchene < Patrick
Stone = Voracek

Reactions: CanadianSniper

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
What a strange poll. The Sens 3 best players vs the Flyers 7th best player, 3rd best player, and 5th best player?

Why not Duchene, Stone, Karlsson

Vs

Giroux, Couturier/Voracek, Ghost?

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Have to take the Ottawa trip here. Karlsson is too far ahead of Provorov and Duchene is currently a better player than Patrick. I would call Stone and Voracek a wash.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
right now, can't really argue too much that Sens trio is better, but i'll take the Flyers for the future. Patrick will become a much better player than Duchene and Karlsson will start to decline in a few years.

it's also interesting as to why you're choosing to compare Ottawa's 1C to the Flyers rookie 2C. should be comparing Duchene to Couturier. in which case it makes it almost even right now.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Well considering its now and in the future and 2 of those players are going to leave via FA I'm taking the kids who are locked in for 6 more years, although the OTT group is the better group of players at every level.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Well considering its now and in the future and 2 of those players are going to leave via FA I'm taking the kids who are locked in for 6 more years, although the OTT group is the better group of players at every level.

The poll is asking who would you rather have going forward, in the sense that contractual situation doesn't apply...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad