Duchene/Sakic/proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Ryan Johansen got 8 million and had 1 season over 63 points....71 points. Also only has 1 30 goal season.

That's the market his agent will be comparing him to.

FWIW, I would not trade for him as we have too many other holes. If you trade for him, you also have to trade for an experienced Dman and better goaltending too. You do all, or you do none.
On one hand there are reasonable deals Koivu, Little or Hanzal signed and then there's Draisatl, Johansen gongshow.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Not suggesting in the least that Flyers trade major assets for him... but it must be pointed out that Filp will release $5M this Season and Lehtera another after next Season... Simmonds next Contract, around then, doesn't really have to preclude brining him in... and he would replace Filp presently... again not pushing for going after him, merely saying it could be worked in if Hexy decided to go that way.

EDIT: keeping in mind also Cap going the other way in such a Deal.

Don't forget Read comes off the books this year as well.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Coots is easily better imo

I'd take duchene in a flip Simmonds then flip the assets for duchene scenario but that's about it
Easily better? lol goal scoring, points, faceoffs, SO, skating, physical play.. better? do tell...
Currently.
fine...
Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
-Duchene-Simmonds
Filpulla-Patrick-Konecny
Leier-Laughtom-Raffl
That is nice to look at. Hexy wont trade for him tho...not his style.

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Duchene-Patrick-Simmonds
Lindblom-Filpulla-Konecny
Leier-Laughtom-Raffl

Probably fastest team in NHL ^^^

Last edited:

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Good points you two. I guess I don’t value Duchene as highly as some do. I don’t think the Flyers have any interest at this point anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad