Dreger: Duchene Mega-thread: Habs, NSH inquired about Duchene. Asking price is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
One of Emelin-Beaulieu-Petry + 1st + dump + prospect not Sergachev..

OR

Beaulieu, dump, Sergachev 2nd and 3rd since it's a soso pick. We have to give to get and I don't believe in that summer thing, why wait.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
How can you possibly know what Sakic is thinking?

How can Habs fans such as boxscore possibly know Sergachev will never be included? You guys want to deal in absolutes like that, I'll toss it right back.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
How can Habs fans such as boxscore possibly know Sergachev will never be included? You guys want to deal in absolutes like that, I'll toss it right back.

He was speaking in his head as a deal breaker. As in it's a deal breaker to him. You said then there's no way MD is getting traded for anything without MS. Two totally different things.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
If it happens will be something like...

TO MTL: Duchene + "something"

TO COL: Plekanec, Beaulieu, (one of) Juulsen/McCarron/Scherbak, 1st

Sergachev is a deal-breaker and will not being going to Colorado.

Then guess who won't be going to Montreal.
The Avs have no reason to trade Duchene if Sergachev isn't coming back. If MTL doesn't want to part with him then Sakic will wait til the off-season.
DD+Serg+2017 1st+2018 2nd for Duchene - is that enough Avs fans?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
He was speaking in his head as a deal breaker. As in it's a deal breaker to him. You said then there's no way MD is getting traded for anything without MS. Two totally different things.

Cause everyone and their mother in the media is reporting that Sakic is looking for young high quality Ds.

And if Duchene goes the Habs way, there is only one name from the Habs that fits that premise.

And that name does not start with a B or a J.

Including Sergachev very well might be a deal breaker for MB.

But that only means that there will be no deal. Nothing more. Pretty sure Sergachev is also a deal breaker for the Avs.

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec

No ones know. Sakic has the right to ask Sergachev. It's legit. I'm sure Sergachev is the only prospect that Montreal doesn't want to move apart. Will see. Maybe Juulsen +Beaulieu and a 1st could work for both clubs? For sure Duchene wouldn't come for free or at cheap price and it's all right for me.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Avs aren't trading Duchene unless there's a blue chip prospect included in the deal, and as far as I know, Sergachev is the only guy that fits that mood. Enough of this EA sports NHL trade logic; you're not getting a 26-year old 30-goal scorer for 5 spare parts.

Sergachev + 2017 1st + Scherbak and id listen

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, all we Avs fans were told from well before the trade deadline until the draft from Sabres fans was that there was zero chance Murray would ever move Zadorov for O'Reilly. it was always going to be Pysyk instead of Zadorov. Then we saw how that went down. And now we've heard from multiple insiders that the asking price on Duchene is extremely high, and that Sakic wants defense. I doubt he'll somehow decide to cave and accept Juulsen. The Avs were high on Sergachev at the draft, I am very confident that will be the ask. Montreal fans want their cake, and they want to get to eat it too. Acquire a top line 26 year old who is signed with zero character issues, keep coveted top prospect, trade away a couple of B prospects and a late 1st. I say that is dreamland.

Not denying Sergachev for Duchene is a fair basis for a deal, but Bergevin is pretty stingy. If it were for Sergachev it'd probably just be him and a cap dump then. I think people will be very surprised what the Avs get from this trade.

As for Zadorov, we're talking about the 7th picked d-man ranked 16th in his draft versus the 2nd picked d-man ranked 9th. Obviously they aren't even the same tier of 1st round pick in their respective drafts. Not saying Zadorov can't end up being the best D of his draft btw, just putting it into context, but at the same time I do value Duchene more than O'Reilly.

I think personally that Avs wanted Sergachev in the 2016 draft and we pulled him out right before they had their chance. So I think you're probably right and it will require Sergachev in order to get the deal done otherwise Avs just keep Duchene. But if people are expecting Sergachev + 1st + roster player + 2nd + cap dump or something it IMO isn't going to happen. More than likely Sergachev + pick + cap dump, and wouldn't even be shocked if that pick is a 2nd.

Habs fans value Sergachev high and believe bare minimum he's a high end 2nd pairing guy with offensive skill and size, at the top end he's a 1st pairing guy with the same skill set. Obviously anything can happen, maybe the guys a bust but the fan base doesn't believe he will be.

If that turns out being the case, at the bare minimum Avs get a top notch 2nd pairing guy + pick for a guy they obviously are trying to move. With the potential to be more, but like I said with a prospect of course anything can happen. I expect that Sakic has similar faith in Sergachev that our fanbase does or he wouldn't be trying to swing a deal with us.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Avs aren't trading Duchene unless there's a blue chip prospect included in the deal, and as far as I know, Sergachev is the only guy that fits that mood. Enough of this EA sports NHL trade logic; you're not getting a 26-year old 30-goal scorer for 5 spare parts.

Sergachev + 2017 1st + Scherbak and id listen

Likely dropping Scherbak, I think it's the blue chipper + 1st rounder that gets the deal done.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Quite the spin. He flat out said "Sergachev will not be going to Colorado". But obviously that was in his head and he didn't really mean that :rolleyes:

I'll just use your alternative fact and say it was just in my head too. Good, now?

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption

Then no deal. Plekanec has negative value. Beaulieu is not a player i would like to have on my team, his hockey IQ goes from good to extremelly poor in a few shifts.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Habs offer;

Beaulieu or McCarron or Juulsen or Sergacyev or Scherbak (Avs choice)
Hudon or Andrighetto or Carr (Avs choice)
David Desharnais
1st round pick 2017

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They really don't.

And stop with the 60 point ********.

The NHL is different than it was when you were young.

Over multiple seasons (not just guys having one good season):

60+ points is a pretty good season for any 1st liner right now....

70+ is superstar level production

PPG and above is elite level.

And noone is trading 70+-PPG guys in this league. So Duchene is as good as it probably gets for the trade market when it comes to players on good contracts with multiple years left on their contracts......

70 points is not superstar production

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Cause everyone and their mother in the media is reporting that Sakic is looking for young high quality Ds.

And if Duchene goes the Habs way, there is only one name from the Habs that fits that premise.

And that name does not start with a B or a J.

Including Sergachev very well might be a deal breaker for MB.

But that only means that there will be no deal. Nothing more. Pretty sure Sergachev is also a deal breaker for the Avs.

Except Sergachev doesn't fit that premise, since he's looking for young NHL defencemen, and Sergachev is a prospect. The closest thing Montreal has is Beaulieu, and Montreal is unlikely to move him. Colorado is also apparently looking for a better/higher upside young NHL D piece. Which is, as far as I can tell, only really fit Hanafin, Dumba or Trouba.

Bergevin is pretty stingy with prospects, which is why Habs fans are skeptical that he'd move Sergachev, whom the brass love. While Duchene would be a really nice 1a/1b center, Montreal doesn't desperately need him and he doesn't really move their chances to contend all that much. They do need what Sergachev can become, a cheap NHL defenseman that can slide up the depth chart in the years to come.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Really don't think you can acquire a player like Duchene + keep your best prospect and the main piece we'd need to make it work.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
The Avs would be stupid to trade Duchene to Montreal for a package that does not include Sergachev.

Obviously the Habs dont want to give up their best prospect, but thats the kind of gamble you consider when you're trying to win the cup. Is Duchene the difference here? He might be.

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
Du bend is a great player but is on pace for under 60 points this season. Therefore his value isn't too high which means the AVS won't be looking to trade him

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Except Sergachev doesn't fit that premise, since he's looking for young NHL defencemen, and Sergachev is a prospect. The closest thing Montreal has is Beaulieu, and Montreal is unlikely to move him. Colorado is also apparently looking for a better/higher upside young NHL D piece. Which is, as far as I can tell, only really fit Hanafin, Dumba or Trouba.

Bergevin is pretty stingy with prospects, which is why Habs fans are skeptical that he'd move Sergachev, whom the brass love. While Duchene would be a really nice 1a/1b center, Montreal doesn't desperately need him and he doesn't really move their chances to contend all that much. They do need what Sergachev can become, a cheap NHL defenseman that can slide up the depth chart in the years to come.

First of all Dreger has 0 credibility when it comes to the Avs.

I would be surprised if he could name all the players on the Avs. When it comes to the Avs he has than 0 clue usually.
Recent example is him rambling on about an injury history of Landeskog that does not exist including multiple concussions (when Landeskog himself basically confirmed that he had only one so far in his career).

Other reports say that Sakic is looking for a high end young D or high end young D prospect as part of the return.

Either way. Neither Beaulieu nor Juulsen fit that description in any way. The closest is Sergachev.

And he will be what it takes. If MB balks at including him, Sakic has to balk at trading Duchene or he needs to be fired ASAP (which he probably should be anyways but still that would add grave insult to injury)

@Leaffanforlife:

There are maybe 10-15 guys in this league that you can count on surpassing 70 points / year right now. If those guys are not superstars, I don't know who is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad