Friedman: Duchene & Landy available - Avs want D, won't sell cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Plekanec would be the 4th highest in points on the Avs team (after MacKinnon, Duchene, Barrie), and that being a very good shutdown center (not an offensive force), yet Avs fans like to think he's complete crap and negative value.

Here's a different proposal for Duchene, considering how Avs fans like to think:
Juulsen + 2nd + prospect.

I don't care. We don't need centers. So if you want to get good value for him, trade him to someone who does.

And that's a trash proposal.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Plekanec would be the 4th highest in points on the Avs team (after MacKinnon, Duchene, Barrie), and that being a very good shutdown center (not an offensive force), yet Avs fans like to think he's complete crap and negative value.

Here's a different proposal for Duchene, considering how Avs fans like to think:

Not even close.

Duchene+Zadorov
For
Sergachev+Gallagher+DD+1st

You do understand the Avs are trying to ADD defensemen right?

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I don't care. We don't need centers. So if you want to get good value for him, trade him to someone who does.

And that's a trash proposal.

It's called a cap dump for a reason. He's not worthless like the other poster thinks he is though. He could help out for the remainder of this season (take Duchene's spot) and maybe next. He's not going to get you to add another high pick just because he was added to the deal.

And that proposal was a counter-proposal to his counter-proposal of adding yet another high pick for Plekanec, as in to say: no deal.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Schwartz has had a HUGE switch from OZFO to DZFO and NZFO this year. He's being used differently, and it's affecting his production.

He's being utilized differently, but it's also clearly evident that he has not been playing well this season. Zone starts aren't forcing him to make terrible blind passes, and they're certainly not the reason he tries to deke through 2 defenders at the blue line only to turn the puck over. Schwartz's passes have not been clean, his shot looks weaker, and his decision making with the puck has been subpar.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Sounds like Avs fans at least have interest in a deal around Schwartz. What would be a package you guys are happy with? Obviously dont expect Parayko..

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Sounds like Avs fans at least have interest in a deal around Schwartz. What would be a package you guys are happy with? Obviously dont expect Parayko..

Theres no interest in trading Duchene unless it address our D.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

Only have to check the Habs board to find the most fans who believe Plekanec is "complete crap"

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Habs want Duchene! If anyone has ties with the Avs management, tell them to contact Montreal management to set up a trade with Duchene coming to MTL. Fans want him! Please and thank you! :)

I would trade Sergachev + Plekanec + Desharnais + 1st 2017 + prospect for Duchene + one of Grigorenko / Ignila (-1.8m retained)!

There's absolutely no reason for us to take on desharnais AND plekanec salaries while also retaining on iginla.

That's just crazy.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

No problem with Schwartz.

But I have a big problem with the lack of a defensive solution.

Right now, all the rumours indicate that the avs are targeting a top notch defensive piece.

This isn't a sell duchene or landeskog for the best package kinda deal...

It's a sell duchene or landeskog for the RIGHT package kinda deal.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It's called a cap dump for a reason. He's not worthless like the other poster thinks he is though. He could help out for the remainder of this season (take Duchene's spot) and maybe next. He's not going to get you to add another high pick just because he was added to the deal.

And that proposal was a counter-proposal to his counter-proposal of adding yet another high pick for Plekanec, as in to say: no deal.

He isn't worthless on the ice, but I think his trade value essentially is.

And I never said we would get another high pick out of it. I think he's just there to balance salary. Nothing more. No value headed either way due to him being in the deal.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
McKenzie said it's more that Avs are listening on Landeskog/Duchene than shopping them and won't move them unless they get great value.

So much for the HF theory of Avs being desperate and they have to move them so they have to take a bad deal. Never made any sense to start with.

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011

I've seen as many Avs fans say no as I have seen display interest, and then there are McKenzie, Friedman, and Dreger, who have all said the Avs are looking for defense first. High end defensive prospects, or high end young defensman. Somehow I doubt that pressing need suddenly turns into, "sure, lets trade our best trade chip to a division rival for a winger!"

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I've seen as many Avs fans say no as I have seen display interest, and then there are McKenzie, Friedman, and Dreger, who have all said the Avs are looking for defense first. High end defensive prospects, or high end young defensman. Somehow I doubt that pressing need suddenly turns into, "sure, lets trade our best trade chip to a division rival for a winger!"

We do have defensive prospects ya know....

If its Parayko or bust then there's nothing worth talking about

Avs44

May 16, 2011
We do have defensive prospects ya know....

If its Parayko or bust then there's nothing worth talking about

Do you define any of them as really good, or better than Bigras? I don't. No interest. I would take Zboril, for example, over any Blues defensive prospect right now, and we know the Bruins put him++ on the table in place of Carlo or McAvoy.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Do you define any of them as really good, or better than Bigras? I don't. No interest. I would take Zboril, for example, over any Blues defensive prospect right now, and we know the Bruins put him++ on the table in place of Carlo or McAvoy.

Schmaltz is coming along nicely and is near NHL ready. If no interest, no big deal.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver

The framework of a deal was already agreed on by most Habs and Avs fans like a week ago. It was:

Sergachev
Plekanec or DD
1st
Scherbak or McCarron

FOR

Duchene
Grigorenko or Iginla (retained)

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

I would say all 3 of Schmaltz/Dunn/Walman can be defined as really good.

Schmaltz is arguably the Wolves' best defenseman and Dunn is having a very solid rookie year in the AHL (his numbers are actually very similar to Bigras' rookie year). Walman has also been terrific in the NCAA the past two seasons.

Can't say how they compare to Zboril since I've never seen him play, but they're certainly very good prospects. If the Avs are looking for someone that's a little more blue-chip, that's understandable as well.

GeniusSuperior

Sep 30, 2010
Someone mentioned that we would be "selling" Duchene or Landeskog for the right package. I don't think that's quite what it is. I would say we are using one of the two to BUY A SOLUTION to our defense. If we don't get a solution in return, we have no reason or desire to trade our talent away. I would rather have both players stay with us, so unless we get a building block on defense in return, I would keep both players.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Man, its really sad to see how under-valued both Duchene and Landeskog are. Just because they play on a last place team, doesn't mean they aren't good players.

Duchene is a 65pts, 25 year old, all-star caliber 1C and Landeskog is a 24 year old, all-star caliber 1LW. Both of whom are on really nice team friendly deals.

You're not going to get either of the above mentioned players for cast offs, secondary prospects, non first round picks, and cap dumps.

Duchene should and will return a Seth Jones caliber player in a 1 for 1 deal or a host of top end prospects/young quality roster players in a futures deal.

Landeskog should also return a pretty hefty amount, tougher to gauge his value, but top prospects and or quality young roster player is a must.

So please trying to make deals where your team doesn't give away anything that they don't want to give up, because most likely it's not going to be good enough to get Landeskog or Duchene.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Carolina

Carolina has not been mentioned in Duchene rumors. But to me they would be wise to at least talk to the Avs.

Duchene would immediately become their #1 Center. Also, they are deep on Defense and have the cap room for Duchene.

I'm sure the Avs would have interest in Hanifin or Haydn Fleury. Add a 1st to one of those 2 and it can work.

Canes forwards would improve great and could look like this:
Skinner - Duchene - Lindholm
Aho - Rask - Teravainen
Stempniak - Staal - Ryan
McGinn - McClement - Stalberg

Much better forward lineup than they have now! That 1st line actually looks like a 1st line!

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Carolina has not been mentioned in Duchene rumors. But to me they would be wise to at least talk to the Avs.

Duchene would immediately become their #1 Center. Also, they are deep on Defense and have the cap room for Duchene.

I'm sure the Avs would have interest in Hanifin or Haydn Fleury. Add a 1st to one of those 2 and it can work.

Canes forwards would improve great and could look like this:
Skinner - Duchene - Lindholm
Aho - Rask - Teravainen
Stempniak - Staal - Ryan
McGinn - McClement - Stalberg

Much better forward lineup than they have now! That 1st line actually looks like a 1st line!

Hanifin would be my number 1 choice to pursue, even over Sergachev, but part of me wonders if that's a bit of a pipe dream. I can't see Carolina being willing to part with him just yet.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Can someone in the know tell me how the depth chart/ranking of defensive players and prospects look for Carolina? I know a little about some of them but couldn't tell you who is the most highly touted. I'm looking for a combination of current play, talent, and upside.

Noah Hanifin
Jaccob Slavin
Justin Faulk
Brett Pesce
Haydn Fleury
Jake Bean
Roland McKeown

is the order I would put them in, is that fairly accurate?

projexns

Matchups Matter
Mar 5, 2002
Forsling, OK
Visit site
Hanifin would be my number 1 choice to pursue, even over Sergachev, but part of me wonders if that's a bit of a pipe dream. I can't see Carolina being willing to part with him just yet.

Just yet? They've missed the playoffs seven years in a row and are averaging 11,000 fans per game. What are they waiting for?

Duchene would be their 1st-line center. Hanifin is currently their 3rd-pairing defenceman.

Is the possibility of maybe slightly losing a trade three years down the road a good enough reason to hold back a franchise worth hundreds of millions playing in an arena costing hundreds of millions from, you know, being a better team?

My franchise for a Hanifin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad