Friedman: Duchene & Landy available - Avs want D, won't sell cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
From Ana
Theodore-NHL ready dman top pair potential, ducks best d prospect. All depends on if fowler is resignable thou
Jones-top forward prospect
2nd

Now debating who I would want more landeskog(gritty two way stud)is he speedy? don't see him much or duchene (ducks need to get someone fast who can score)?

Weberisbetter*

Dec 8, 2016
Gabriel Landeskog isn't going to net the Avs a top flight dman. A 50 point winger isnt worth Lindholm or anything close. Maybe to Pittsburgh for Maata or somebody like Maata a #3/4

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
While I doubt the Penguins would trade him, I feel like Landeskog would bring back something like Maatta and Guentzel if he were traded. He'd bring back a young top-4 defenseman with control and a top end forward prospect or something along those lines. Although then again, Johansen only brought back Jones, so maybe Landeskog wouldn't bring back that much.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
From Ana
Theodore-NHL ready dman top pair potential, ducks best d prospect. All depends on if fowler is resignable thou
Jones-top forward prospect
2nd

Now debating who I would want more landeskog(gritty two way stud)is he speedy? don't see him much or duchene (ducks need to get someone fast who can score)?

You do realize there's this thing called salary cap in the NHL? Ducks simply can't do this trade, even if they wanted to.

Landeskog for Lindholm. Duchene+Barrie for Parayko+Fabbri+Cap dump

Lindholm-Parayko
Zadorov-Johnson

Pretty good

Fabbri-Mackinnon-Rantanen

Lindholm is going nowhere (same goes for Fowler). If there was a trade to be made around Vatanen, however, I'd be more than willing to listen. Don't know how the salary figures would work, as the Ducks can't take any extra $$$ back.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I'd consider something around Faulk and Landeskog or Duchene.

Slavin is not happening. Hanifin would require Duchene to sign a reasonable extension before the trade.

Faulk + Lindholm for Duchene + Barrie as a basis.

Duchene is signed for 2.5 more years. You can't negotiate a new contract in a long time. Hanifin for Duchene is what I think is fair but Car fans ain't fans of that.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lmao how about getting the rights to the 1st overall pick before doing something like this? You're just going to outright trade some of your best offensive players without any guarantee of having someone replace them.

Sakic is far worse than I thought

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
While I doubt the Penguins would trade him, I feel like Landeskog would bring back something like Maatta and Guentzel if he were traded. He'd bring back a young top-4 defenseman with control and a top end forward prospect or something along those lines. Although then again, Johansen only brought back Jones, so maybe Landeskog wouldn't bring back that much.

Would the Pens be interested in MacKinnon?

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Lmao how about getting the rights to the 1st overall pick before doing something like this? You're just going to outright trade some of your best offensive players without any guarantee of having someone replace them.

Did anyone suggest that this trade would be made before the draft? I think it is far from certain that the Avs make a trade involving either Duchene or Landeskog. I think that presumption only exists online. The fact of the matter is that this type of deal is highly unlikely to occur prior to the draft.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Seriously, what happened to Ekblad? I thought he was absolutely untouchable. True franchise defenseman. And some of the Panthers fans want to move him for Landeskog / Barrie?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
While I can't see moving Ekblad as plausible this early, my opening salvo would be

Duchene + Barrie ($11.5m) for Ekblad + Bjugstad ($11.6m) with the Avs willing to add a mid pick/prospect if pressured

Basically each team upgrades at 1 position while downgrading at another while changing the style of play at each as well.

Deal!

I had not read this before my previous post!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Would the Pens be interested in MacKinnon?

Can MacKinnon play LW? If he can, I'd venture to say yes, but that's another case of not having the assets to bring him in. MacKinnon would be incredible on the Penguins though. Any trade they'd make for MacKinnon or Landeskog would have to be Maatta++ for Mackinnon/Landeskog and a defenseman, they don't have a replacement for Maatta right now.

Actually, thinking about it for a second, if the Penguins can get back a defenseman in a Maatta trade, I think they could possibly move him for Landeskog. Just have Cole-Schultz be the middle pair and have traded D-Daley as the bottom pair.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

Quick note. He won't sell em for scraps and I think it is either or. Defense is weakness and most prospects Avs have are forwards. They're most likely going to draft a F next summer as it seems Liljegren is looking to be a little bit of a reach if drafted in top two/three.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Can MacKinnon play LW? If he can, I'd venture to say yes, but that's another case of not having the assets to bring him in. MacKinnon would be incredible on the Penguins though. Any trade they'd make for MacKinnon or Landeskog would have to be Maatta++ for Mackinnon/Landeskog and a defenseman, they don't have a replacement for Maatta right now.

Friedman said that the Avs have put MacKinnon off limits, but let's go ahead and discuss him.

As for the Pens, they don't have the young assets that could even pull that type of trade off with the Avs.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Landeskog for Lindholm. Duchene+Barrie for Parayko+Fabbri+Cap dump

Lindholm-Parayko
Zadorov-Johnson

Pretty good

Fabbri-Mackinnon-Rantanen

Don't see why Anaheim or St. Louis would do this.

Supposedly the Anaheim trade was nixed this summer. Anaheim fans ITT have also said no.

St. Louis isn't trading Parayko except for a big overpayment. I doubt they'd trade Fabbri either. The only thing they might consider is a 1C, which isn't being offered here. I think this trade would hurt them, both immediately and in the future.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Landeskog + for Dumba and Scandella? Something with the Wild. Obviously there's the problem of hatred and being in-division.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Sanheim+Schenn for Landeskog.

I just want to know what do you think about this Avs fans. Would you do this? I know other Flyers fans will probably 'hate' it.

I think this is a good offer. I would think this hard and ultimately might accept.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Why is MacKinnon even mentioned here?

MacKinnon is buds with Crosby and his game could really bloom in a place like Pittsburgh. Instead of going after Landeskog maybe the Pens would want to pursue someone their captain knows and has some potential chemistry with.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Friedman said that the Avs have put MacKinnon off limits, but let's go ahead and discuss him.

As for the Pens, they don't have the young assets that could even pull that type of trade off with the Avs.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Maatta has to be moved for any big name winger due to the salary cap, and while he has played extremely well for most of this season, the 3 points in 36 games would scare a lot of teams off. On the same token, the Penguins probably couldn't easily trade him with Letang's injury issues and Dumoulin and Daley's struggles this year.

I think Sanheim and Schenn or Guentzel and Maatta are two examples of what Landeskog would bring back in a trade though. MacKinnon would probably cost an Ekblad level defenseman.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

Actually, thinking about it for a second, if the Penguins can get back a defenseman in a Maatta trade, I think they could possibly move him for Landeskog. Just have Cole-Schultz be the middle pair and have traded D-Daley as the bottom pair.

Crap - he shoots right so I guess LW would be a bit of a challenge for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad