Friedman: Duchene/Landeskog for Top-pairing Defenceman in Offseason

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Duchene's skilled winger history:

Peter Mueller - 36 points in 42 games. Concussion ended his career.
Tomas Fleischmann - 21 points in 22 games. Diagnosed with blood clots.
Ryan O'Reilly - Drove into a timmies to follow the trend :sarcasm:
Boedker - 12 points in 18 games. Suffers PTDS (Post-Team Duchene Syndrome, 5 points in 30 games with Sharks).

Probably another one or two that i'm forgetting. But the jist of it is there. No skilled winger has lasted long with Duchene.

Parenteau had a really good year playing on his line

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I feel that Trouba for Landeskog makes too much sense. I mean sure Winnipeg needs a top pairing LHD, but this trade works out for both teams.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I feel that Trouba for Landeskog makes too much sense. I mean sure Winnipeg needs a top pairing LHD, but this trade works out for both teams.

For Winnipeg maybe.

Landeskog is Colorado's only proven top 6 winger. It's Colorado's biggest position of need. Trouba on the other hand would be 3rd on Colorado's RHD depth chart. It's a position of strength.

So I'd definitely like to hear how this trade works out for both teams.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

How do you figure that Trouba to Colorado would work, Colorado already has EJ and Barrie on the right side so like Winnipeg Trouba would more then likely be 3rd on the depth chart plus i don't see Trouba committing long term with Colorado i don't personally see it working.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad