Rumor: Ducharme wanted Corey Perry to stay and be Habs captain

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You worded it like a fact.
My point was, Dom's decision making ( Caufields production as some proof ) doesn't hold any weight with me.
So, no wonder it didn't with anyone else who mattered at the time.........
Perry, is chasing a Cup............don't think there is much debate there......

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
My point was, Dom's decision making ( Caufields production as some proof ) doesn't hold any weight with me.
So, no wonder it didn't with anyone else who mattered at the time.........
Perry, is chasing a Cup............don't think there is much debate there......

Perry said he wanted to stay.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Of course he did............players say things all the time....he wanted to stay, and then came a 2 year offer, and guess what? Then, he didn't..............want to stay.

Because MB didn't want to do 2 years, just like with Markov.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Because MB didn't want to do 2 years, just like with Markov.
I give Bergevin no slack at all but I think I'd give him a pass on this one. I don't know if I'd read/heard that MB absolutely would not go 2 years on Perry but given what he signed for I can't imagine there would be any difficulty giving Perry an extra year when the AAV is in the 1M range. If Perry falls off the cliff you just bury the salary in the minors, no biggie. Considering he handed out extensions like candy to supplementary players like Byron and Armia at much higher AAV I cannot imagine the team wouldn't go 2 x 1M or so for Perry.

I don't think any of us expected last place but most of the people here predicted Montreal would be in tough to make the playoffs. I presume the players would also have a sense of where the team was at. Perry wants a Cup, if I were him, given roughly equal offers, I'd choose Tampa over Montreal too, and the most logical explanation IMO is just that.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I give Bergevin no slack at all but I think I'd give him a pass on this one. I don't know if I'd read/heard that MB absolutely would not go 2 years on Perry but given what he signed for I can't imagine there would be any difficulty giving Perry an extra year when the AAV is in the 1M range. If Perry falls off the cliff you just bury the salary in the minors, no biggie. Considering he handed out extensions like candy to supplementary players like Byron and Armia at much higher AAV I cannot imagine the team wouldn't go 2 x 1M or so for Perry.

I don't think any of us expected last place but most of the people here predicted Montreal would be in tough to make the playoffs. I presume the players would also have a sense of where the team was at. Perry wants a Cup, if I were him, given roughly equal offers, I'd choose Tampa over Montreal too, and the most logical explanation IMO is just that.

Possibly, but at that point we're just guessing.

The only fact we have is that Perry said he wanted to stay.

Also, it's not like he doesn't already have a Cup ring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad