Confirmed with Link: Ducharme Fired! Next Head Coach Will Be Announced Later Today

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I didn’t say that, I think they won all 3 series in spite of Ducharme though

Fair enough, and I didn't mean to single you out or anything like that. It's just a take I've seen uttered here more than once (i.e., they would have lost against Vegas if he was around) that I find really, really silly. I don't think they won thanks to/despite Ducharme. In all likelihood, he was just alright and deployed a simple/hermetic system that the guys rallied around and made it work the more they won. It was obvious they weren't winning based on individual plays besides some wow moments from the young players.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Tough to say. But man, to go from the Stanley Cup finals to fired in 6 months without a scandal is...not a great look. The players had obviously checked out on him and if guys in Anaheim are liking posts of his firing, I think it's pretty telling. I thought he did a lot of weird things, personally.

I know that was Zegras but anybody knows why he liked the post of his firing? Was Ducharme his coach at some point?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
For those who argue on how little impact a coach can have on a player. The difference in Caufield's play is night and day under MSL vs Ducharme.
Can you imagine if we would have kept Ducharme to guide him over 3-4-5 years like we did with some guys under Therrien?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Dom lost his mind this year, and right now a pee wee coach has the team playing better game over game....
It was a tough situation to lose Weber and Price all year, but Dom downright blew it with kids like Caufield for sure.
Glad the change was made....

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
The PeeWee coach has absolutely no pressure on him. I don't care if it is Montreal. The bar just isn't high. Wouldn't be surprised if the players have loosened the sticks. Their season is nothing but learning now. Their pressure doesn't compare to teams in a playoff spot or at least one attainable.

I sincerely hope Ducharme lands elsewhere and finds his way with the lessons learned. He had all of the pressure coming off a Stanley Cup finals appearance. I can't say he was dealt a fair deck in Montreal but I wholeheartedly agree that a change needed to be made for all parties concerned.

Good luck to Dom and to MSL.

Reactions: Surfer72

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#DucharmeBeLike

y445xa7cnej81.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad