Confirmed with Link: Ducharme Fired! Next Head Coach Will Be Announced Later Today

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Typically when you hire somebody into a line of work they don't have any experience in they fail miserably.

Gretzky as coach is but one example.
You are comparing them based on playing skills instead of comparing them based on ideologies, communication skills and motivating tactics and in that sense there’s next to nothing.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
You are comparing them based on playing skills instead of comparing them based on ideologies, communication skills and motivating tactics and in that sense there’s next to nothing.
I'm comparing them based on coaching experience.

Coaching hockey at a high level is extremely difficult and thinking you can just roll off the couch and step into the room and coach is extremely arrogant.

Rod Brind'Amour honed his craft as an assistant coach for nearly a decade before stepping in.

Wayne Gretzky just decided one day he wanted to coach.

Guess which one is closer to MSL?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I'm comparing them based on coaching experience.

Coaching hockey at a high level is extremely difficult and thinking you can just roll off the couch and step into the room and coach is extremely arrogant.

Rod Brind'Amour honed his craft as an assistant coach for nearly a decade before stepping in.

Wayne Gretzky just decided one day he wanted to coach.

Guess which one is closer to MSL?
We'll see. Gretzky was about as motivating as Dom.
If MSL has experienced people surrounding him, I think he can succeed based on what he does bring to the table.

Reactions: tazsub3

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018

Man, hard not to like the guy. He got his fair share of hate thrown his way, but he is one of the best coaches in the league. His teams are always on the top of every possession metrics, and the only thing the habs couldn’t do under him was score goals consistently (and that says more about the team than him).

I really hope that he is better since his injury and I’m sure he will find his way back to the league soon. Class act this man, will always have my respect.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Man, hard not to like the guy. He got his fair share of hate thrown his way, but he is one of the best coaches in the league. His teams are always on the top of every possession metrics, and the only thing the habs couldn’t do under him was score goals consistently (and that says more about the team than him).

I really hope that he is better since his injury and I’m sure he will find his way back to the league soon. Class act this man, will always have my respect.

Julien was beloved in Boston even after he had crossed enemy lines and joined the Habs. Takes a hell of nice guy to pull that off.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Julien was beloved in Boston even after he had crossed enemy lines and joined the Habs. Takes a hell of nice guy to pull that off.

CJ has that reputation for being a genuinely nice person.

Not that others aren't nice. But anyone who talks about CJ makes it a point to say how good of a human being he is.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Claude Julien is a great coach. Too bad they didn't have the team, but there really much he could do. I thought he got the best of them.

Reactions: dkd

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
That's how you tank, being so ridiculously bad. Would you rather we were in 8th to last right now with no chance at even a top 5? If anything, Duch was doing exactly what we needed. I still don't see the reason why we are firing our HC when we are clearly one of the worst teams and on our way to possibly 1st overall. The next two years, that has to be the goal. Being so bad we are bottom 3 and have a shot for #1.

If you can't see why firing Ducharme was necessary, there's nothing to gain by explaining it.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
CJ has that reputation for being a genuinely nice person.

Not that others aren't nice. But anyone who talks about CJ makes it a point to say how good of a human being he is.
yea he comes across as a very nice and good human. the opposite of his predecessor therrien .
He is a dino though. No place for that in todays nhl if you ask me .

Reactions: iamtalbot

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Claude Julien is a great coach. Too bad they didn't have the team, but there really much he could do. I thought he got the best of them.

He really had a horrible team because of a incompetent GM but he tried to bring out the best out of them. I'm sure fans would have had a more positive image of him if he had a good team.

Last edited:

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Ducharme is an analytics Guy(Montreal made the Guy Millionaire) I'm from Baseball(analytics) it works in that sport, but only sometimes you still have to see the field and make changes necessary. Humans are not Drones, Why Marty is better for the younger and Vet Players that wish to stay? ... He needed to be fired for the sake of making young Players like Cole feel like working in a an Office Cubicle! Now Cole has an large sheet of Glass to Work on! R.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
wonder if DD is watching the team play and doing the work to figure out what it was about his approach, communication, "system" that was so ineffective...

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Is he the worst coach in NHL history? Serious question

Tough to say. But man, to go from the Stanley Cup finals to fired in 6 months without a scandal is...not a great look. The players had obviously checked out on him and if guys in Anaheim are liking posts of his firing, I think it's pretty telling. I thought he did a lot of weird things, personally.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Maybe of the habs, but definitely not NHL history. I'm sure there have been plenty of coaches who have had a terrible regular-season record and did not have a Stanley cup final achievement.
Idk man… let’s not forget he was out for the Vegas series. After what we saw this year, do the Habs win that series with DD behind the bench?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Idk man… let’s not forget he was out for the Vegas series. After what we saw this year, do the Habs win that series with DD behind the bench?

Of course they do. They smoked Vegas and it's not like he got iced out because he was in COVID protocol. He was in constant contact with the team, including during games (as I think was reported). If people think beating Vegas was thanks to Richardson, then why wouldn't the same thinking be applied to this shit season? He's still here.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Of course they do. They smoked Vegas and it's not like he got iced out because he was in COVID protocol. He was in constant contact with the team, including during games (as I think was reported). If people think beating Vegas was thanks to Richardson, then why wouldn't the same thinking be applied to this shit season? He's still here.
I didn’t say that, I think they won all 3 series in spite of Ducharme though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad