Post-Game Talk: Ducharme’s strategy fails again. Habs blues continues.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Exactly.. we all see how good he can be when he's skating and checking...

It's just not often at all even remotely..

Im afraid CAUFIELD is the same way... Discouraged... Afraid to take a hit.. afraid to hit.. Afraid to do what it takes to blossom.
Those are the growing pains……I’m confident in Caufield and it will be corrected

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Exactly.. we all see how good he can be when he's skating and checking...

It's just not often at all even remotely..

Im afraid CAUFIELD is the same way... Discouraged... Afraid to take a hit.. afraid to hit.. Afraid to do what it takes to blossom.

If there is some of that in Caufield, I feel safer knowing that Gorton is there to acknowledge it and act pre-emptively.

Reactions: amethyst

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Funny thing is.. he was rather decent in the playoffs last year... for a rookie.

He rode Julien’s system. It really wasn’t impressive at all. All he had to do was adjust lines, and his decision to scratch the kids just about cost us the Toronto series. Anybody can ride 4 defenceman and a goalie the way he did.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Blues fan coming in peace, went to the game last night. And yes, as everyone said in the GDT, every Blues fan in attendance knew the Anthem Singer royally messed up. Felt horrible seeing and hearing that.

Also, wtf happened to Drouin? And when is Edmundson supposed to return?

This is the Drouin we've had since he's been here. Nothing new with his play. Always bad, soft and lazy. Edmunson has a back injury that he was supposed to have recovered from by now so, who knows!

Reactions: ArtPeur

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
If we're not going to replace Ducharme this season, then Gorton needs to start packing suit cases and shipping out the floating veterans. Force Ducharme to play the kids by removing the deadwood like Hoffman, Drouin et cie. As good as Chariot has been, shop him because he isn't coming back next year. Gallagher doesn't want to be part of a rebuild, and might still have some value somewhere so shop him too. Price. Lets tear this shit pile down and start again.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
For sure it does, but to the send him into depression mode effect, I’m not quite sure.

Hey, he went to a cup final last year so he knows the feeling of winning and losing, plus I’m sure he looks around him and knows half his team is missing.

As long as this doesn’t drag on for 4-5yrs my guess is he’ll be fine.

posters here wanted to tank well this is what it looks and feels like. :)

true, true. But there’d be a huge difference between this terrible team tanking by accident even if MB was spending to the cap long term and trying to win vs a team that’s actively rebuilding and trading vets for up and comers…

right now, there’s no hope.

Reactions: amethyst

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
Gorton 0-4.

4GYHpjQ.gif
The D is silent.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
posters here wanted to tank well this is what it looks and feels like. :)

We aren't tanking, we're just bad and poorly built. Once we start selling pieces, then we'll be tanking.
Perrault on the ice…..Memories of Jacques Martin and his man crush on our soon to be GM LOL

Ducharme is such a loser
To be fair, Darche had scored 7 power play goals one year. He wasn't that bad on the PP, at last that one season.
Perreault has 8 PPG over 3 seasons...Not sure why he even gets playing time there.

Reactions: PhysicX

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yet when Bob Gainey left the team had Price, Subban, Paceriotty, Markov, Plekanic, Eler, Gionta, Kostitsyn Emelin, Gorges

The bar is so low today, fans would be drooling over a line up like that going forward.
Many times I posted that I would love to see Bergevin build a team like the one that he inherited and many pro-management types used to scoff at that but I bet that they wouldn't now. 6 of the 9 guys you listed were our own draft picks and all 6 played important roles on our roster and that was never replicated during Bergevins tenure. Gorton has no one of that caliber to build around, we have some young players but they are far from proven, there is no choice but to rebuild.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We aren't tanking, we're just bad and poorly built. Once we start selling pieces, then we'll be tanking.

To be fair, Darche had scored 7 power play goals one year. He wasn't that bad on the PP, at last that one season.
Perreault has 8 PPG over 3 seasons...Not sure why he even gets playing time there.
We missing half our team and no reinforcements are coming in....we are poorly coached and the coaches job is secure till seasons end....Price taking his sweet ass time coming back, none of our vets are playing through injuries, I'd say this is a deliberate tanking.....oh, and you're right, as we speak, we are poorly built.

we are already set with multitudes of picks.....I can just imagine how many picks in the 2022 draft we will have after the cleanup is done here...17 picks maybe??

Darche never should've been there even if he found a little success. Like Danault in OT or Weal on the PP, I just hate it when skilled players are left sitting on the bench while old plugs are eating up prime minutes

Reactions: Runner77

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Meh...Habs don't deserve this level of loyalty anymore to be honest.
I totally agree... the organization has been completely not giving a F about its fans for close to 3 decades now.
And I am pretty sure not everyone of us has a dog.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
true, true. But there’d be a huge difference between this terrible team tanking by accident even if MB was spending to the cap long term and trying to win vs a team that’s actively rebuilding and trading vets for up and comers…

right now, there’s no hope.
well I think it's safe to say now that we are tanking.....the vets will get traded out eventually, some this year and some next year.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
They have had players that are fun to watch. Well...not the Coyotes, but they don't have any fans to speak of. Even if we're winning, habs hockey sucks and has for a long time. I actually don't understand how old timers who saw the great habs teams of the past tolerate this crap, regardless of the record. Don't they want to see le tricolore dominate offensively again? What is with this obsession with loser hockey hoping for our goalie to save our asses and get us wins we don't deserve?
I am one of those old timers. Being 58 years old, I go back to Jean Beliveau and the '71 Cup run. I get how the young fans don't know good hockey. To be honest, I don't think I can do 5 years of terrible hockey like this. Let alone how Leafs fans did 10 years.

Can you imagine there are fans paying $300-400 bucks a ticket to watch this. Either they have passion beyond passion for hockey, or are not very bright. I get many are young and don't know good hockey though

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I am one of those old timers. Being 58 years old, I go back to Jean Beliveau and the '71 Cup run. I get how the young fans don't know good hockey. To be honest, I don't think I can do 5 years of terrible hockey like this. Let alone how Leafs fans did 10 years.

There's a lot of good hockey being played in this world. None of it is played by the habs though lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad