Post-Game Talk: Ducharme’s strategy fails again. Habs blues continues.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The hardest part was getting here (the firing of BargainBin and his maladroit clan). His foxhole, and it's on me comments focused the fans' spotlight on him; soon after, it was clear as day to all but Geoff that MB wasn't the guy for the job. Nine fn wasted years, instead of what should have been 4 or 5 years (sad even at this). Now that they are here, as a fan, I hope Habs find the right people to rebuilt properly by correctly assessing prospective draft players and subsequently developing these players correctly - not rushing them to a team that has, more often than not, gone nowhere.
I agree. I was optimistic about Bergevin at first, but he fell flat on his face pretty quick and nothing was done about it. Best we can hope for is Gorton rights the ship, but there's going to be more pain before we're happy. Just grin and bear it.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
I am one of those old timers. Being 58 years old, I go back to Jean Beliveau and the '71 Cup run. I get how the young fans don't know good hockey. To be honest, I don't think I can do 5 years of terrible hockey like this. Let alone how Leafs fans did 10 years.

Can you imagine there are fans paying $300-400 bucks a ticket to watch this. Either they have passion beyond passion for hockey, or are not very bright. I get many are young and don't know good hockey though
The fans that pay 300+$ for a ticket deserve better than the product they spent big on the last 10 years. I think that for 4 years, Bergevin spent at least 8 mil less to the cap to save Molson some money. Molson sent a letter to season ticket holder if a better fan experience at the Bell centre. Never about building a winning team. The team is worth 1.6 billions and we are one of the worst team in the league. People can blame it on injuries, but other teams are also playing without top players, better than Gallagher, Toffoli and Anderson.

A 2 years rebuild won’t be enough.
Molson should just freeze the season ticket holder tickets price for a few years as well as concessions.

Reactions: amethyst

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
To each their own. I get not giving money to Molson hehe. But if we only stick around when the team is good, how are we any different than fair weather fans? If Habs fans are that great, we should stand behind our team regardless. The players don’t wanna lose( let’s be serious) but theyre human. Their fans throwing jerseys on the ice and turning on them won’t help. Says less about the team and more about us. Just my two cents
I wouldn't throw a jersey or even a cap..I dont really get that. I was referring to watching another game, Habs do not deserve that level of loyalty.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
The fans that pay 300+$ for a ticket deserve better than the product they spent big on the last 10 years. I think that for 4 years, Bergevin spent at least 8 mil less to the cap to save Molson some money. Molson sent a letter to season ticket holder if a better fan experience at the Bell centre. Never about building a winning team. The team is worth 1.6 billions and we are one of the worst team in the league. People can blame it on injuries, but other teams are also playing without top players, better than Gallagher, Toffoli and Anderson.

A 2 years rebuild won’t be enough.
Molson should just freeze the season ticket holder tickets price for a few years as well as concessions.
And give each and every fan attending a game a free Molson Ex....Oh wait he is trying to attract fans isn't he?

Reactions: Pickles and Habs13

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Same......it's as though his brain is stuck in mud and he doesn't know what to do.....he literaly looks like a deer in headlights.

The eyes are identical lol

WJfp.gif

f7Losh0.gif

:sarcasm:

70Stang

Feb 21, 2008
Duchydumdum has a strategy? Hit, Hit, Hit and more hits boys. Who leads the league in hits and is in last place?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
When you keep playing undeserving players like Drouin and Armia on the PP you are a bad coach.
Losing with a loser mentality is unacceptable.
Losing is more tolerant when you give it your all.

These kids are seeing some bad habits.

The iconic Habs are the first team to lose 20 games.

Gorton should not have said DD was safe until the end of the year.
the year finish at the end of december, no ? :naughty:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I’m in the mood for an announcement that is more than a waiver wire pick up.

Firing Martin Lapointe would be a step in the right direction.
Pretty sure Martin Lapointe will be fired once the team starts to hire the people in need.
Right now Gorton needs to look at all candidate and also make a list of potentials trades and put players on the market already GM or not named yet.

Need to rebuild everything from scratch.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Pretty sure Martin Lapointe will be fired once the team starts to hire the people in need.
Right now Gorton needs to look at all candidate and also make a list of potentials trades and put players on the market already GM or not named yet.

I hope this is a well thought and well planned process and if so, I am looking at 3 years rebuilt minimum.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Lapointe is the highest ranking member of the previous regime left unless you count the capologist. He also has some kind of relationship to Gorton as colleagues who were with Boston at the same time. Not sure if it means anything.

Would be great if Gorton could jump the gun on other sellers however, to make trades, he also has to be able to rely on trustworthy pro and amateur scouting people. He doesn’t have those people right now. He also doesn’t have his Analytics Dept. set up, on which he’d like to rely upon when weighing all the variables.

So it might be ill advised for him to contemplate too many moves without his GM and key people not being there to provide support and critical, actionable intel. Patience.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
When you keep playing undeserving players like Drouin and Armia on the PP you are a bad coach.
Losing with a loser mentality is unacceptable.
Losing is more tolerant when you give it your all.

These kids are seeing some bad habits.

The iconic Habs are the first team to lose 20 games.

Gorton should not have said DD was safe until the end of the year.

Inthinknhensaidnthat because he thought it was necessary to raise the spirits of the players and coaches. I'm going on speculation here, but I remember when Julien took over for Therrien, he said everyone was so down in the room. John Scott said the same thing when he came over here and we weren't a good team.

I think it feels like going to the morgue everyday when you're playing on a losing team in Montreal. So my guess is Gorton felt that like a slap in the face and wanted to being some kind of positive energy to the situation.

But it would seem he should have tried to do that in some other way.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ducharme is next to be absent on mental health issues. Stay calm and respectful with your frustrations boys and girls. We are tanking and this is what we want right?

We want to tank but we also should be developing players while we do it.

Playing Chiarot 30 minutes a night and keeping Caufield off the 1st PP are examples of stupid things we are still doing.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Ducharme is next to be absent on mental health issues. Stay calm and respectful with your frustrations boys and girls. We are tanking and this is what we want right?

People have to stop equating losing to tanking.
Tanking is a clear strategic direction taken by management. We don't even have a GM yet.
Everyone assumes given our position/reality that we will be tanking but right now, we are simply losing because we suck and half the team is injured.

Reactions: McPhees Moustache

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
We want to tank but we also should be developing players while we do it.

Playing Chiarot 30 minutes a night and keeping Caufield off the 1st PP are examples of stupid things we are still doing.

Playing Chiarot this much when you likely plan to trade him would be like putting a vehicle for sale and then driving it over a thousand KMs a day for 3 months before selling it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see GMs lower their offer considering how worn out he'll be by the playoffs.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I’m in the mood for an announcement that is more than a waiver wire pick up.

Firing Martin Lapointe would be a step in the right direction.

Lapointe is going nowhere, he's running the scouting department right now. He's managing the scouts and will be setting up the draft board. Amateur scouting people almost never change jobs in the middle of a draft cycle and Gorton probably doesn't want to tear everything down at once because he needs time to assess the front office, hire a GM and put a plan together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad