GDT: "Duby Duby Doo" - Nashville Predators vs. Colorado Avalanche

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Proud of the Preds for at least coming back to make it a game when they could have just given up. Showed some character.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
We lost but I have to give the guys credit. They didn't give up being 5-1 down and almost tied it. We lost that game in the 1st period.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I don't even care that we lost. We showed so much fight tonight. And scared the Avs to death.

LOL. I care. I care a lot. Moral victories will never ever bring the Cup to Nashville. The only stat that matters is another L. You can have all the moral victories you want. I want a championship.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well of course we want them to win but I rather have them battle back and lose then to not/give up and still lose. Plus, that mentality will help them better when they are in tight games to actually win some games. At least it shows they might actually care about winning some games.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
What a roller coaster I feel entertained. Not many times this year you can say that. Pitiful first the rest of the game not bad at all. Remember Trotz dropping the F bombs..... Perhaps this team needs a pissed off Trotz and Weber.

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
LOL. I care. I care a lot. Moral victories will never ever bring the Cup to Nashville. The only stat that matters is another L. You can have all the moral victories you want. I want a championship.

C'mon, man. You know we would all love to get those 2 points and understand the important of any point at this juncture. However, considering we have nearly zero chance to come back our team fought back.
So while we all know it stings to lose at this point in the season - this game in particular didn't feel too bad after our team came back fighting.
P.S. Montross, every single person actually coming to this thread tonight would have wanted and cared to get a win tonight. We all want the championship. I respect your frustration but don't feel too bad about this one. We are trying to make the best out of this season and are all on the same side.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The team played a good 40 minute game. There are things they can build on for the next contest. That said, they crapped the bed for the first 12 minutes or so of the game and cost themselves any chance to win. Fighting back is good but does not excuse the way they played the beginning of the game.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
They definitely need to play better defensively and have better goal tending. I think that is hurting this team more so than their offense even though their offense needs work too.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Are you effing kiddin me?

I turned it off after duby crapped the one in that made it 4-1....

Unfortunately we can't afford any more moral victories... unless this spurs us to a five game win streak, in the end this is just another game lost because of goaltending

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012

This season is pretty much lost already. Moral victories are good for the young guys as you don't want a culture of giving up and not caring.

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
There are no excuses for the first period. But the team could have given up but they didn't and fought literally til the last second. I applaud that.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well this season is a lost already as the likelihood of them making the playoffs this year is slime or none. So I rather see moral victories than complete crap fests....lol.....that is no fun to watch. At least they made a game of it.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Unfortunately this game showed we still are without an NHL caliber goalie. The new guy made some decent saves and at least a couple of the goals were not his fault, but he is extremely shaky and was really scary on some of the "saves" he made. The good news is we did lose a 4th liner contract that was ridiculous for Poile to take on in the first place. I still believe that much of the fault for this team's consistency (actually lack of) has to be laid at the feet of the coaching staff. I know the Player's are Pros and should be ready to play, but for some reason they seem to tune out Trotz and his crew. I honestly can see no justification to consider Spaling a top 6 forward, or to give him PP time, or have him in the game at the end when you need a goal. He does not have the hands or touch for that role.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
This team isn't a playoff team. We will need to get some better players to add to the team. Hopefully that can happen before next year.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN

Unfortunately we can't afford any more moral victories... unless this spurs us to a five game win streak, in the end this is just another game lost because of goaltending

Uh, it was the D by the 5 guys on the ice that was the problem, not Dubnyk. I don't know too many goalies that make any of those goals go away. When guys are left alone on the back door and the goalie has to go side to side to make a save when the guy has an entire net to shoot in to that isn't the goalie's fault whatsoever. 5 goals went in but how many of them were on DD? Maybe the 4th one? He made the save and moved his skate and the puck bounced off of it. Bad luck. Duchesne's goal was an impossible shot that maybe 10 guys in the league can make. Bad clearing attempts on either 1 or 2 or 3 that led to too much time in the defensive zone.

We've seen this time and time again, it's not the goalies on most nights, it's the 5 guys on the ice that were skating in quick sand the first period. Where was the team that showed up in the third period the first 40 minutes of the game? We had a good opening 3-4 minutes then disappeared until the third period. That's not going to get it done against anyone in the NHL night in and night out. 60 minutes, every game, from beginning to end. We play partial games, that doesn't work.

My question is this, as inconsistent as we are, yet we're consistent in our inconsistency, does that make us inconsistent or consistent?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

He gets hung out to dry on the first three ... yet it's goaltending not the utter collapse of team defense in the first?

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
If we would have lost 5-1 not only people watching on TV would have tuned out but many people coming to the games would have. Losing 5-4 is still losing but at least it was done with a lot of heart in it (albeit only during the last 40 minutes of play).

So yes, they lost. And it is terrible. But we can take both negatives and positives from a game.

Dubs did look shaky but that was his first game as a Pred, playing under a lot of pressure. The D left him alone at least a few times so it was not all his fault.

Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to get Rinne caliber goalie this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00