Dubois

I am with you in spirit, but I doubt any other GM is as dumb as Blake with someone like Robitaille and Bergevin pulling the strings.

I don't know but I could see the new Utah team taking him for free or a small compensation. If the Kings are stuck with him then they are better off keeping him for another year to see if he can improve a little.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I don't know but I could see the new Utah team taking him for free or a small compensation. If the Kings are stuck with him then they are better off keeping him for another year to see if he can improve a little.
that's not a bad angle to be honest, they might be near floor next season so taking on PLD might actually be an option

they lose almost $15M in LTIR contracts this offseason

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Watching this FLA game, I know we are salty about Vilardi/PLD, but I can't imagine how Calgary fans feel about the Tkachuk/Huberdeau trade.
I was imaging if we have Tkachuk. He would be so deadly with Kopitar and then Byfield.

More proof that Blake tried to fill slots and didn't look between the ears of the players.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Oof:

"Then there’s Pierre Luc-Dubois, whom the Kings acquired last summer then signed to an eight-year, $68-million contract. He has just a goal in the series, didn’t take a shot in 35 shifts combined in the two home games and has only one shot in the last three games combined."

After consecutive home losses, Kings left grasping for any shreds of hope vs. Oilers
Not only should Blake and Robitaille be fired for this disaster. They should be placed in the stocks for a full day while we all throw celery at them

Attachments

• Facebook_creation_1687353818463628.jpeg
    Facebook_creation_1687353818463628.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Facebook_creation_1847856078975157.jpeg
    Facebook_creation_1847856078975157.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 1
  • received_954772589303950.jpeg
    received_954772589303950.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 1

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
that goal went off a skate, lets not give him credit for that shit, "PLAYOFF PLD" is trash

where's all those "it's just one game guys"?

how many games do you need until you admit Blake ruined this club?
I am one of those "everything has to make sense" kinda Lt Dans

I think Rob was doing a better job up until the 2022-23 offseason, starting with the Fiala trade. I almost wonder if pressure was being put on him to force moves.
He badly lost both the Fiala and PLD trades, but the offseason before:
Both the Arvidsson trade and Danault signings were home runs.
Trevor Moore was a steal

Lombardi always talked about the character and not wanting to sign guys who wanted to come to the beach and Rob traded and extended two of them

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Watching this FLA game, I know we are salty about Vilardi/PLD, but I can't imagine how Calgary fans feel about the Tkachuk/Huberdeau trade.
most are more upset that Tkachuk did not want to stay in Calgary, but are ok with him since he gave the team a heads up and allowed to get assets back. Remember at the time Calgary was praised for turning a player who wanted out into a 100 point winger, top 4 D and a first.

Most flames fans are more mad a Johnny as he legit seemed like he was going to sign an extension, then pulled the shoot at the last second.

I am one of those "everything has to make sense" kinda Lt Dans

I think Rob was doing a better job up until the 2022-23 offseason, starting with the Fiala trade. I almost wonder if pressure was being put on him to force moves.
He badly lost both the Fiala and PLD trades, but the offseason before:
Both the Arvidsson trade and Danault signings were home runs.
Trevor Moore was a steal

Lombardi always talked about the character and not wanting to sign guys who wanted to come to the beach and Rob traded and extended two of them
Fiala was a fair deal at the time that has aged badly. The PLD move had disaster all over it from day 1.
If Blake gets fired it should be for the piss poor cap management, however it will really look like Edmonton owns LA.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Stumpel was a hell of a lot closer to Kopitar than Dubois. He was a very good two-way center who went over the ppg mark a few times during the dead puck era. He was highly unappreciated during his run here.
Thank you. I was right about to ask why I keep seeing people comparing Dubois to Stumpel. As you said, he was good defensively and actually finished top 10 in scoring in 97-98.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Thank you. I was right about to ask why I keep seeing people comparing Dubois to Stumpel. As you said, he was good defensively and actually finished top 10 in scoring in 97-98.
It’s not about the players. It’s about the GM’s who miscast players in critical positions. Stumpel was a fine player. So is Pierre. But neither are a fit for a winner at their pay and position.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I more made the comparison due to low physical engagement for a skilled center, but my memory of late 90s Kings hockey is a bit spotty.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
I wouldn’t call Dubois a fine player. Stumpel had proven more when the Kings acquired him and gave up less to get him.
We’re splitting hairs here. Let me ask you this, assuming the BLuc train keeps rolling. Who is more likely to get a fan appreciation night in the future? Pierre or Josef?

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Stumpel was a real good player but had a rep as a bit of a loaf, but i think that was just to the ultra physical nature of the play back then, he got tagged with the 'soft euro' rep but his dedication to two-way play and his actual effort makes him look like Bergeron next to PLD
The guys hardest slap shot was slower than a whiffle ball.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I dont want to say i told ya so.
So i'll write it
I told ya so.
This guys devolved into what you're seeing ever since tortorella hurt his feelings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad