LeBrun: Dubois wants out of Winnipeg, will not sign a contract for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
so Brisson offered to facilitate a trade (again). Here's where we find out, if he actually has somewhere in mind to play. Personally, I don't assume it's exclusively Montreal
I don't think it is either.
Things ended up quite badly in Winnipeg this season. PLD may be going for a single season before signing long term.

(I suspect he ends up on the Avs if that's the case, with the possibility of signing a long term team if things go well)

Essentially, PLD makes guys like Tkachuk look like saints. Tkachuk wanted out but still was willing to sign a 1 year deal which more or less said he wanted out. Saying he won’t even sign the QO with WPG seems like a slap in the face to all thing WPG and shows his maturity issues
It just means WPG can elect him to arbitration. It's essentially the same as a QO.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I don't think it is either.
Things ended up quite badly in Winnipeg this season. PLD may be going for a single season before signing long term.

(I suspect he ends up on the Avs if that's the case, with the possibility of signing a long term team if things go well)

It just means WPG can elect him to arbitration. It's essentially the same as a QO.

Doubtful the Avs commit assets without a deal in place or imminent.

Reactions: Bender

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Anyone else think this guy is a bum? Will never forget how he quit on CBJ with "the shift" and now won't sign a 1 year deal to demand a trade? Seems too entitled for a 60 point player.
Yep.

This is like the 4th or 5th team since junior he has had issues with.

Guy isn't even a legit #1 C either. Good #2 C

If Montreal cares about character, stay away.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
In addition to the obvious subject of this thread, Brisson is also the agent for - and engineered the departure of - Seth Jones.
Yeah, but the guy is a player agent. If the players wants out, that is his job to make it happen. Be mad at Seth Jones and Dubois, not him?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I suggest they call his bluff then and have him sit out until he caves. His only other option is what, to bolt to Europe?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Something around Dvorak + Kidney + Florida 1st + Hoffman for Dubois
... Inserting Hoffman in that deal is basically offering some good ol' dysentry sauce on top of your meat and potatoes and veggie meal.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
He will be a Hab. Bookmark this post
guessing? Many of us thought so too. But there seems to be too many variables and Chevy doesn't look like the type to cave to any offer Hughes makes.

Well there goes shopping him at the deadline. It always made more sense to trade him this summer anyways from a risk standpoint.

Let the bidding begin.

Dvorak, Beck, FLA 2023 1st, COL 2024 2nd.
I think that's a good offer. I wonder how Hughes' feels about parting with Beck

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Going back to his last year in junior (2017) he has requested three trades and will be on his fifth team before he starts his 8th year, I feel sorry for any team that signs him long term because I doubt he’ll change his attitude.
I wouldn't want to play for Tortorella either. Despite not wanting to extend in Winnipeg he was, imo, their best forward in the playoffs this year. While the core group of guys wilted, he was physical and productive.

If you have the option not to commit long-term to a situation you don't want to be a part of are you going to be honest about (with yourself and others), or are you going to be a masochist, sign and be unhappy.

He spent three years with the Jets. He'll know all he needs to know to make a decision about his future.

I'd give him a ltd, but it won't have any clauses that limit what happens if he's unhappy again. If he doesn't like that he can go elsewhere.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yeah, but the guy is a player agent. If the players wants out, that is his job to make it happen. Be mad at Seth Jones and Dubois, not him?
It's different if the player agent has a history of contentuous negotiations with the team and has subsequently encouraged his clients to leave.

That last is why Werenski fired him and replaced him with another guy - Brisson was trying too hard to get Werenski to go somewhere else, and Werenski wanted to stay.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
That would feel good for WPG fans, but what is gained? They can just move him this summer and his trade value isn't going up if he sits out.
They can trade him if they get a good offer of course but no need to trade him for Pennies on the Dollar because other teams smell blood. They have to, at the very least, be willing to let this carry into the season. They don’t lose the rfa rights to him if he doesn’t sign an nhl deal.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Essentially, PLD makes guys like Tkachuk look like saints. Tkachuk wanted out but still was willing to sign a 1 year deal which more or less said he wanted out. Saying he won’t even sign the QO with WPG seems like a slap in the face to all thing WPG and shows his maturity issues

So we're just making shit up now huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad