LeBrun: Dubois wants out of Winnipeg, will not sign a contract for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Exactly. Sundin, Lecavalier, Hossa, Shanahan, Lapointe, Duchene, this is far from the first time. Using Montreal as leverage is a classic tactic.

That said, PLD in Boston would be an incredible heel turn.

In this case though it looks like he really does want to play in his home town and the team is coming back and saying they really aren't all that interested unless he gives them a huge discount.

Reactions: Flair Hay

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Jets Twitter account needs new employees.

Yikes....
Why they do that for every Jets player…. Has he done anything so wrong that he should be black balled? He is exercising his rights as per the CBA…. If they didn’t wish him a happy bday they would be doing a crummy job.

Would be great if he wanted to extend with the Jets…but he doesn’t so no big deal… get assets and move on …

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Good luck trying to sign anyone after.
Im sure as hell wouldn't go to a place where they treat their start that way!

Yes, players will suddenly stop climbing over themselves to go to free agency hotbed Winnipeg, Manitoba.

They wouldn't play him on the 3rd line though. Montreal doesn't have their 2nd round pick for a $4.2m offer sheet anyway.

I think the Durzi move is a precursor to a Dubois deal, myself. If not, I don't care if he's traded to Montreal for Youppi at this point. I just want it to be over.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Maybe just get out of hockey altogether...I think the hardware business is calling him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230624_174107_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230624_174107_Facebook.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 1

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Players are already trying to run away from Winnipeg, but it will get better if Dubois is punished on the 3rd line?

Is there too much fluoride in the water?
Everyone signed long term when we were good. Just need to take a few years to work to get back to a good young playoff team. Easier said than done, but what else can you do in our position

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
In this case though it looks like he really does want to play in his home town and the team is coming back and saying they really aren't all that interested unless he gives them a huge discount.
Even if he took one mil a year less than his asking PLD isn't a good enough player to get endorsements in other cities but would easily get more than any other Hab in Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad