Dubois vs inerte

Who has the biggest upside?

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Tough one here. I like them both a lot, but I think Dubois’ size could be the difference between the two.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Size isn't restricted to height. Dubois is like a young version of Jamie Benn. He's also nearly 20 pounds heavier than Kotkaniemi
Kotkaniemi shouldn't play in the NHL right now though, he should go back and gain some weight. A good twenty pounds or so.

Kotkaniemi seems to have pretty good genetics, he's not like Pettersson, he's slim, but mainly because he just turned 18, IMO he's going to be way over 200 when he's in his prime, you can see it in his shoulders.

I can agree for the near-future, though.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's a tie for me skill-wise but PLD's size secures him the win.
I really don't think there's a tie skill-wise. Kotkaniemi is one of the most skilled players Ive seen, especially stick handling.

PLD gets things done but he's not flashy at all.

Personally, I think what separates PLD and Kotkaniemi is that one is proven and the other is 18 and just got drafted.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I really don't think there's a tie skill-wise. Kotkaniemi is one of the most skilled players Ive seen, especially stick handling.

PLD gets things done but he's not flashy at all.

Personally, I think what separates PLD and Kotkaniemi is that one is proven and the other is 18 and just got drafted.

We know how high you are on Kotkaniemi at this point haha! Some of us just prefer Dubois.

I see it a little like the Tkachuk/Marner threads..it’s tough to weigh someone who controls the ice and plays with pure skill against a skilled player that uses his strength and can win games in other ways. Tough compromise to make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad