Dubinsky and Anisimov

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
When everyone was healthy last year where did these guys slot in?

In discussions on our board we see them as 2nd liners. I think Dubi would be better suited as 3rd. Anisimov maybe a 2nd when he is at his peak. Right now I would like to see him as a 3rd but due to our suckiness he is either our 1st or 2nd center.

If they were still there where would they play?

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
I think
Gabby-Richards-Hagelin
Cally-Step-Dubi
Kreider-Anisimov-Miller
Asham-Boyle-Powe

edit: :facepalm: forgot DStep

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Hard to get a specific answer as Torts is always juggling lines.

They're both very capable second liners, and should be used as such. Both having played anywhere from lines 1-3 (Dubi) and 1-4 (AA)

If they were here instead of Nash, I'd lobby for...

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Kreider - Stepan - Pyatt
Asham - Halpern - Powe

(Boyle sucks)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

In discussions on our board we see them as 2nd liners. I think Dubi would be better suited as 3rd. Anisimov maybe a 2nd when he is at his peak. Right now I would like to see him as a 3rd but due to our suckiness he is either our 1st or 2nd center.

when they were healthy AA was playing LW with Stepan and Gaborik for a stretch of games.

Dubinsky struggled ALL season and played his way from the 2nd line to the 4th line on more than one occassion.

I believe you have 2/3's of a very solid 2nd/3rd line.

Both are decent offensively, and very respectable defensively.

BTW, how's Arty doing. He had a nasty situation a few days ago.

He OK?

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
Dubi is better than Arty. As to what lines, it basically depends on what you have. They play very differently. Both can be streaky, but Arty becomes invisible when cold, while Dubi will just not be putting up pts but still doing everything else he always does. Dubi is also the better leader.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto

Both have played 2nd and third line.

In 10-11 I believe they both featured on the 2nd with Callahan.
In 11-12 a good line was Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik, which was essentially a 1st line. Dubinsky played awful that year and as a result rode the third line all yr.
I'm previous years Dubinsky was a 2nd line staple, whether he played with Jagr and Straka or with Zherdev and Voros. He is very streaky but when he plays a hard north south game. I believe he can be a 2nd liner.
Anisimov on the other hand is extremely talented and I believe does not play to his potential. I believe it was Valiquette who said Anisimov scored the most goals out of everyone in practice.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
when they were healthy AA was playing LW with Stepan and Gaborik for a stretch of games.

Dubinsky struggled ALL season and played his way from the 2nd line to the 4th line on more than one occassion.

I believe you have 2/3's of a very solid 2nd/3rd line.

Both are decent offensively, and very respectable defensively.

BTW, how's Arty doing. He had a nasty situation a few days ago.

He OK?

Thanks for all the info.

Arty is OK but unless I'm having a brain cramp hasn't played in the last 3 games since the incident. Dubi is out with a leg injury so right now both guys are out.

Would love to root for you guys as my 2nd team this year but there is that #1 pick to be considered. And perhaps we will become rivals under the new proposed alignment.

Dorado*

Dubi is back playing C where he belongs . This position takes advantage of his best attribute , transporting the puck up ice . Torts ruined him by making him a LW

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Dubi is back playing C where he belongs . This position takes advantage of his best attribute , transporting the puck up ice . Torts ruined him by making him a LW

agree with the puck carrying aspect of his game.

Other than that, I don't think he has the brains for the position. Not to mention a lack of ability to incorporate his wingers into the offence.

Don't think Torts ruined him, just think he started off slow and as the season progressed, he started griping his stick a little to tightly and he never got off the schnied.

Playing wing reduces the amount of thinking a player has to go through. The move was made to ease that burden on Dubi and it never took.

Dubinsky is a solid player. One I wish this Rangers team still had because of his willingness to address guys when they run our defenceman into the end boards.

But I would want him as a winger. Not a center.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah I think Dubinsky is a more effective all-around player on the wing. That's not to say he can't succeed lined up down the middle, but I think his play is best when he's out wide.

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
There is not a guy in recent years that this team misses more than Dubi at this point

He was physical and with the right pairing, while on wing, had pt production.

Since he's been gone the whole mantra of playing physical and being a "hard team to play against" has fallen apart

We could also use him on the penalty kill and wouldn't be a liability on the PP in front of the net when on the ice

There is NO way in hell Dubinsky wouldn't have given it to Max in the Canadiens game.

Any team is lucky to have that type of player on the ice for them...he leaves it all on the table and as someone previously mentioned when he slumped offensively the other aspects of his game such as PKing, checking, forechecking, and skating hard NEVER faltered. Plus he was a professional off the ice and was a great member of the community.

With that said, when Nash is in the lineup and healthy I haven't seen someone stand out, puck control wise, on the NYR since Jagr.

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
After thinking about it Prust is up there as well, before I get called out on that.

:p:

I think you could lose one or the other...but not both. Too much identity was shed. And you can't replace that with cheap labor. Sather outsourced his team's heart...IMO.

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
I think you could lose one or the other...but not both. Too much identity was shed. And you can't replace that with cheap labor. Sather outsourced his team's heart...IMO.

100 truths in that statement

I was just covering my ass for all the naysayers that would come in and say Prust>Dubi

But I agree ten fold

It's a sticky situation when you get rid of your hardest working players and don't replace them with much. The Powe acquisition helps, but because of injury he hasn't yet established his identity fully and will be a while before he is on the same level team wise (not skill wise) as either of them. I whole heartedly feel like Powe would have went after Maxpac after the hit as well. Powe has had a feisty game, which as much as it pains me to say, was ingrained in him on the Flyers.

I also feel like with time and getting comfortable Mashinter can somewhat make up for it. He can throw the body around at decent speeds and will work hard and stick up for his teammates. With that said he seems like he is on a leash though after seeing him play in person CT. Although his pace is still there, that aggressiveness is lacking.

I digress however, at this point no one on our squad can make up for the hard work we are missing from last year at the current point in time.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005

Callahan is the teams heart.

The only thing I miss with Dubie, Arty and Prust is what they did on the ice, especially defensively. But I would rather have Nash than all 3 of them. The rest of it is just buzzwords and smoke and mirrors. Excuses to justify a rough patch. We had the same problem at the start of last year with all 3 of those guys on a relatively unchanged roster.

Look at the Devils and all the turnover they have seen over the years. They've replaced role players. They've lost superstars. They've had 3 different captains in as many years. They keep plugging away.

Good teams overcome losing players. Well coached teams overcome losing players.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Exactly.

And don't forget Hank, especially everytime he bails this team out, so pretty much every game. But he is never mentioned as one of the teams heartbeats.

Yeah. Hank is so important to the team it is almost impossible to quantify or explain.

Bring back Todd Harvey !!! :propeller

Harvey. Barnaby. Ortmeyer. Avery. Prust...

We've lost so many marginal "pulse of the team" players over the years I am surprised people still act like it matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad