Confirmed with Link: Dubas the new GM - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I hope he has the balls to do the necessary steps to make us better whether it’s a trade, signing someone or staying put.

Simply stated, I don’t want the franchise to run him instead of the other way around. I don’t mean to stereotype but he looks like a gangly push over. Let’s hope there is hair on those cajones
Dubas will make moves, don't you worry.

People that have worked with him in the past said he does what he believes is best, and doesn't have a probably telling people no.

If anything, Lou played the past 3 years extremely safe, I dont see that continuing with Dubas.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
What do you expect him to say?

Lou is a pro but if there's another job out there he wants to take I'm sure the Leafs organisation won't stand in his way and there's multiple sources linking him to the Islanders right now

So I'm supposed to take the media's word because they like to make speculations over the word from the horse's mouth?

The Isles still have their GM...Snow is preparing for the draft and free agency.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Dubas says his goal is to build a team that can get out of our division, due to how the playoff format works. that kinda makes sense.

Not only does it make sense, it actually should be the goal. Tampa looks to be up there for sure every year now and while I don't think Boston sustains what they did this year (in part to aging stars), the format makes it so that if those two do well and the Leafs are the expected 100+ point team every year, we could just as easily see a repeat of what the format did this year, multiple times.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
So I'm supposed to take the media's word because they like to make speculations over the word from the horse's mouth?

The Isles still have their GM...Snow is preparing for the draft and free agency.

It's a pretty good bet if virtually all the media is saying the same thing

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
Dubas will make moves, don't you worry.

People that have worked with him in the past said he does what he believes is best, and doesn't have a probably telling people no.

If anything, Lou played the past 3 years extremely safe, I dont see that continuing with Dubas.

What kind of moves do you think he'll make?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
13C97EB8-0A8E-42FC-B6B1-E4D17AC99A75.jpeg

Predictable

Reactions: Menzinger and LDN

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
But but he never played the game!!!

I guess that twitter account with 163 followers is about to get a ton more today.

I welcome the choice of Dubas, if hunter wants to sulk and leave so be it. Plenty of scouts out there, he hasn’t found any players where you can say “oh wow he is a super scout” right now every player has progressed as picked. Losing hunter won’t be that big of a deal

Go shake yer pillow man. Hunter is a super scout. You think all his good picks were easy or something.

Completely wrong on all in this post.

What makes you think its so easy man!!! You wouldn't be wasting time, wasting time on a message board if you had knowledge to do the sh!t Hunter does I'm thinkin.

What a obnoxious post. Just because Dubas got this position should not reflect poorly on Hunter.

Anyways, i take exception to minimizing Hunter to make a point is the long and short of it. He is very important to us with his scouting expierence and expertise.

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
What kind of moves do you think he'll make?
I think he will look for players that are currently being under utilized by their current clubs. It was known he was a fan of both Gourde and Schmidt, who are both producing well and are now in the conference finals. So I could see him looking for players like them and giving them a chance.

I can't really see him re-signing Komarov or Polak.

This years draft I think they will go back to what they did during the 2015 draft.

If a D man like vatanen became available, I could see him pursue them heavily.

Reactions: Lauro

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Dubas, 32, has never won anything in hockey, or been a general manager of an NHL team. He represents a new order in hockey, a culture that believes in numbers as much as it believes in heart and soul.

This is a clear choice by team president Brendan Shanahan, and he better be right. It’s a bold choice, but not really a risky one in that Dubas has been training for this very moment for years. He’s proven he can run an excellent minor pro operation in Toronto. Now he has to demonstrate he can run an excellent NHL operation in Toronto.

When Shanahan hired Lamoriello three years ago, it was scrutinized just as his hiring of Dubas was. Some suggested the game had passed Lamoriello by. But Shanahan reckoned the Leafs needed to have a great deal more discipline as an organization, and Lamoriello supplied it. No more Red Bull caps during post-game interviews. No more leaks. No more rookies doing on-camera interviews. No more shenanigans from Nazem Kadri, no more Salutegates. No more Joffrey Lupul, for reasons that are still a little murky.

In general, no more nonsense. And no more beards.

Elevating Dubas, a logical and seamless transition, is evidence that Shanahan believes the team now needs something else, some other qualities, to get to the next level. A younger voice, perhaps a fresher approach.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
It's a pretty good bet if virtually all the media is saying the same thing

Like Kyreos was the source for all other media folks when he said Babcock and Matthews had a rift between them based off of an expression on Matty's face in the 3rd period of game 7?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think he will look for players that are currently being under utilized by their current clubs. It was known he was a fan of both Gourde and Schmidt, who are both producing well and are now in the conference finals. So I could see him looking for players like them and giving them a chance.

I can't really see him re-signing Komarov or Polak.

This years draft I think they will go back to what they did during the 2015 draft.

If a D man like vatanen became available, I could see him pursue them heavily.

why vatanen?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Like Kyreos was the source for all other media folks when he said Babcock and Matthews had a rift between them based off of an expression on Matty's face in the 3rd period of game 7?

So we currently have Shannon McKenzie Friedman Dreger and basically every hockey insider saying the Islanders are talking to Lou

A thread on hfboards Islanders regarding Lou in talks with the Islanders organization

And this

Your entitled to believe what you want but prepare yourself for Lou leaving

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So we currently have Shannon McKenzie Friedman Dreger and basically every hockey insider saying the Islanders are talking to Lou

A thread on hfboards Islanders regarding Lou in talks with the Islanders organization

And this

Lou didn't want to stay longer. New job waiting closer to home. Cone of silence broken here by thewave.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

And this

And you think every insider and report that's comes out knows more about what's going on with Lou than Superstar ?

Lol , I think not . Super got his info from the horse's mouth .

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Lou didn't want to stay longer. New job waiting closer to home. Cone of silence broken here by thewave.

His son is in the Islanders organization apparently so add that one as well

And you think every insider and report that's comes out knows more about what's going on with Lou than Superstar ?

Lol , I think not . Super got his info from the horse's mouth .

Mr Ed? That horses mouth?

One or two guys I'm usually pretty skeptical but when everyone is reporting it Im willing to show a little faith

Reactions: hotpaws

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
With a Millennial in this seat... all I know is that our Press Conferences are going to get more annoying

giphy.gif

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Dubas has never won a championship as GM, at any level. Just a fact.

Would rather have a GM that has driven the bus before but it is not all one 1 man. He needs to have quality people around him, so that he can make the right decisions. A good GM is only as good as the people working for/with him.

yeah you are so right man.

back in the day NJ owner fired his "hockey man" GM to hire an athletic director of providence who had absolutely ZERO nhl experience.

that athletic director that got hired and who was a nobody: Lou Lamoriello

Last edited:

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
yeah you are so right man.

back in the day NJ owner fired his "hockey man" GM to hire an athletic director of providence who had absolutely ZERO nhl experience.

that athletic director that got hired and who was a nobody: Lou Lamoriello
Also back in the day the Leafs owner fired there hockey man and promoted a nobody .

That nobody was Gord Stellick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad