Confirmed with Link: Dubas the new GM - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
There is part of an interview with Dubas after the Calder win and he specifically brought up and said that MM had a redemption year working on his weaknesses and all the coaching staff was impressed by his play and off ice mentality.

He probably ends up as the 7th d this year or will do so if a move is made.

I don't think you'll find anybody complaining about his play without the puck, it's when he gets it that bad things happen.

But if he can improve that, he's a very nice third pair/second PK option.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Not sure if trading Martin was a good idea because I hate seeing the team getting bullied. I think there's enough talent on the 1st three lines for 2017-18 that having a tough player on the 4th line is now possible. Both teams in the finals had tough guys. I bet the cap space will be spent elsewhere anyway on guys like Jooris and Ennis who are a lot smaller and weaker and may be warming the bench as much as Martin did last year.
I want skill in the lineup. He's not good enough to be on the Leafs.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Not sure if trading Martin was a good idea because I hate seeing the team getting bullied. I think there's enough talent on the 1st three lines for 2017-18 that having a tough player on the 4th line is now possible. Both teams in the finals had tough guys. I bet the cap space will be spent elsewhere anyway on guys like Jooris and Ennis who are a lot smaller and weaker and may be warming the bench as much as Martin did last year.

how was he stopping them getting bullied for the last 32 games of the season?. opposition teams looked up to the pressbox and got scared at how aggressive he was chewing the popcorn?

Reactions: Menzinger

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Haha the 3 best moves the leafs have made basically, what a terrible judge of hockey related hiring and trade etc

the thing is when Shanahan first got hired, he was very pro Shanahan (mostly because people were like why the heck would we hire him, etc), but the more people got comfortable with Shanahan, he became like the 'counter' if you get my meaning. (it wasn't the first time like, if everyone likes A, he hated A, if everyone hated B, he adored B).

he wasn't too keen with the idea that Babcock was yanking our chain (by the end (before we knew) most people were over the Babcock Watch too so that's fair). then when Dubas got hired and he hired Keefe, he was upset because of the Keefe/Frost angle and thought it wasnt a good look for the organization to associate with him. Then he was maaaaaaaaaad about the Kessel trade (like what we got bad) and basically you can figure out with the way he posts, and the way a lot of people here, it got really ugly, and he bounced because he just didn't think they were doing the best for the organization. (he was also insistent that Linden + Desjardins would be a whole lot better down the road too).

honestly, people should just leave him alone and ignore him. i mean people can decide to do whatever they want regarding their fandom. and i know the v. bad year made me really tempted to just stop (not really i just wanted to trade everyone and start all over LOL). but the way i see it, he left basically at the apex, and now the team is good and instead of just being all "you know I was wrong,"he's doubling down on the crap. and honestly, as i've always said, when he doesn't double down on the crap, he actually has a lot of insightful things. but now it's always slanted in "I know best" with an extra dose of "Whatever the team I deem not worthy of my blessing, really sucks." it just gets pedantic.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
LOL, suuure, I can see that pitch going very well.

Tavares: How are you going to keep the young core together for my full 7 years?
HF Poster: Umm... a guy on the Leafs forum has numbers that show we have cap room!
Tavares: I'm convinced. Sign me up!

Got him. :help:

Lou managed to scare Stamkos away. Tavares by all accounts was more prepared, with a list of tough questions, this idea that he didn't need any convincing is pure revisionist history.
Tavares asked about our cap plans, player development ideas and drafting strategies. He took the lead and spoke with Marleau before he met with DBS in LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->