Confirmed with Link: Dubas the new GM - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Many fans are going to like Dubas, because he can’t evaluate talent using the eye test. He needs charts, just like most fans on here.He has never played the game at a high level, just like most fans on here. Pretty sad times.

Reactions: SI90

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Yeah dermott for sure. Grundström as of now is performing like a 2nd round pick so it’s jot really one where you can say “wow we got him in the 2nd round?”.

I like hunter hope he stays he isn’t as big a loss as made out if we lose him though
Grundstrom I like from an organizational standpoint. Very lacking a gritty scoring winger in the prospect pool.

Also we could have had Strome or Hanifin instead of Magic Mitch so there is that too.

I feel like the best is still to come from Hunter. Like he has had some easy choices with such high draft picks, where I think he will really shine is with those late 1st rounders while the Leafs are making the playoffs consistently.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Many fans are going to like Dubas, because he can’t evaluate talent using the eye test. He needs charts, just like most fans on here.He has never played the game at a high level, just like most fans on here. Pretty sad times.
Dubas actually advocates the eye test. He says stats are used to support your eyes. By eliminating bias and confirming trends vs flukes

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
But but he never played the game!!!

I guess that twitter account with 163 followers is about to get a ton more today.

I welcome the choice of Dubas, if hunter wants to sulk and leave so be it. Plenty of scouts out there, he hasn’t found any players where you can say “oh wow he is a super scout” right now every player has progressed as picked. Losing hunter won’t be that big of a deal

Honestly I hope they do, it's a nice change of pace from all the known guys.
But I do think Hunter is a bigger loss than you say. That's not to say it can't be replaced!

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
When one divisional foe has Steve Yzerman as their GM, and you have Kyle Dubas.. guess what? You aren’t going to win.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
keep your best GM in the GM spot, and your best scout in the head scouting spot. seems like simple business. I doubt Hunter, the OWNER of the London Knights, so he has money, cares about being the GM of the Leafs or he wouldnt of taken on a scouting job 2-3 yrs ago. They all get paid handsomely so this is amazingggg

Reactions: SI90

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Grundstrom I like from an organizational standpoint. Very lacking a gritty scoring winger in the prospect pool.

Also we could have had Strome or Hanifin instead of Magic Mitch so there is that too.

I feel like the best is still to come from Hunter. Like he has had some easy choices with such high draft picks, where I think he will really shine is with those late 1st rounders while the Leafs are making the playoffs consistently.

I love grundstrom but my point was he is still a 2nd round pick it’s not like hunter found a top liner in the 2nd round. Dermott is a top4 d imo so that is an example of hunter being a top scout. Does that make sense? I’m probably not wording it properly.

Essentially I’m saying hunter is a average to above average scout not some super scout if he demands to leave he isn’t one of a kind

Reactions: MR4 and Ziggdiezan

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I am glad this happened and it didn't drag on. I don't know a lot about Dubas. I am glad he is now going to be a vocal part of this mgmt group.

He's got a lot of homework now:

Draft
July 1st
Trades

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Wouldn't be my choice but Shanny loves this guy so hopefully it works out.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Honestly I hope they do, it's a nice change of pace from all the known guys.
But I do think Hunter is a bigger loss than you say. That's not to say it can't be replaced!

Yeah hunter is a great scout I think I’m making it seem I dislike him. He is very replaceable. I’d prefer he stay but rumour is he is going to sulk away because he isn’t gm then so be it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad