GDT: Dubé Debut - Caps v. Cats 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Welp, a point is great. BUT it should’ve been 2.

Alas, shit happens.

Gotta beat a resurgent Ottawa team, and then the BIG game at the new “Joe Louis” arena.

Caps get 4pts here, they are in the middle of it all.

If so?!!

Dare I say — add something? Defense preferably, or another top 9F.

Prob defense.

They can do something if they make it. They are well structured, play well together, and have some talent. That said — I think they need Oshie to do anything. He’s GLUE.

Yeah, I said it

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Probably, should have won this game, but the Panthers still have our number since that playoff series. Those trashing Milano, was it as bad as CMM's OT blunder against the Canucks? Answer is no and Milano will learn from it.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
Probably, should have won this game, but the Panthers still have our number since that playoff series. Those trashing Milano, was it as bad as CMM's OT blunder against the Canucks? Answer is no and Milano will learn from it.
See video I posted earlier and you decide.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Gotta beat a resurgent Ottawa team, and then the BIG game at the new “Joe Louis” arena.

Caps get 4pts here, they are in the middle of it all.

If so?!!

Dare I say — add something? Defense preferably, or another top 9F.

Prob defense.

They can do something if they make it. They are well structured, play well together, and have some talent. That said — I think they need Oshie to do anything. He’s GLUE.

Yeah, I said it
We are a very middle-of-the-pack team. We are not one move away from making the playoffs, let alone doing anything in the playoffs. I think we should be looking to sell, aggressively

Reactions: sycamore

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
We are a very middle-of-the-pack team. We are not one move away from making the playoffs, let alone doing anything in the playoffs. I think we should be looking to sell, aggressively
Respectfully, this is crap. The team is squarely in the middle of the playoff race. At least they are, today.

Their injuries may(will?) cripple them, and if so, we will see it these next 2 games.

But there is fat chance that Ted will allow a sell off when they are in the throes of a chase.

They need some firepower. Maybe it comes from Hershey. Maybe it comes from somewhere else.

I am not rooting for losses with this team— and I embraced the tank last year, and with the Skins this year.

They have a chance to make the playoffs. They need to focus on that. Period end. Anything else isn’t worthwhile for the current vets, and YES, THAT MATTERS

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Respectfully, this is crap. The team is squarely in the middle of the playoff race. At least they are, today.

Their injuries may(will?) cripple them, and if so, we will see it these next 2 games.

But there is fat chance that Ted will allow a sell off when they are in the throes of a chase.

They need some firepower. Maybe it comes from Hershey. Maybe it comes from somewhere else.

I am not rooting for losses with this team— and I embraced the tank last year, and with the Skins this year.

They have a chance to make the playoffs. They need to focus on that. Period end. Anything else isn’t worthwhile for the current vets, and YES, THAT MATTERS
I always root for them to win, i never root for a tank. I just dont want them to be buyers at TDL. If this gutsy assemblage of aging vets, AHL call-ups, and bargain-price standouts like Lindgren can squeak into playoffs, God bless. I just dont think the TDL adds have helped us much in the past (Shattenkirk, Erat, Gleason, etc)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve been and always will be a GMBM supporter. Way to take my comment out of context, good job.
Perhaps you can then explain your comment? It read as a complaint.

Perhaps it was sarcastic?

“good job” or not, I appreciate the response. However, I also call it like I see it. If I’m wrong, then tell me please (the sarcasm wasn’t needed, but obv I do it myself, so I cannot complain)

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Make the playoffs as what? A speed bump for some top ranked team to send them golfing in 4 games. Great to see their winning streak snapped, and the tank back on track.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Make the playoffs as what? A speed bump for some top ranked team to send them golfing in 4 games. Great to see their winning streak snapped, and the tank back on track.
Have you not watched the NHL playoffs the past decade or so? There is no such thing as a speed bump. Top teams lose all the time to supposed loser teams.

All The Time.

You’re telling me the Caps on the road vs Boston or Florida or New York Rangers — to start a 7 game series — wouldn’t be thrilling? You would not watch it, nor care about it? Really?

I sure would. And damn if it wouldn’t shock anyone if they split the first 2 games. They simply are not a BAD team, and they can be dangerous.

We can all see what we want to see, right?

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Have you not watched the NHL playoffs the past decade or so? There is no such thing as a speed bump. Top teams lose all the time to supposed loser teams.

All The Time.

You’re telling me the Caps on the road vs Boston or Florida or New York Rangers — to start a 7 game series — wouldn’t be thrilling? You would not watch it, nor care about it? Really?

I sure would. And damn if it wouldn’t shock anyone if they split the first 2 games. They simply are not a BAD team, and they can be dangerous.

We can all see what we want to see, right?

I care more about slotting some top 10 draft pick stud next to Ryan Leonard that the fate of the 2023-2024 "Washington Capitals: Anthony Mantha Edition". Make the Caps Farm System Great Again!

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I was pleasantly surprised we weren’t scored on while 8 was out there

Make the pass or keep it yourself or at very least get it deep behind FLA net. He chose None of the Above

What is sad is the Caps have lost a few OT games due to stupidity this season. I can't remember which game but I think it was like 3 secs left in OT before went to a Shoot out. Caps might have 64 points right now for sure.

The way he kept hand wrapped while sitting in box, i’m thinking he injured hand or wrist in fight

Ugh, I was yelling at the TV don't fight Mantha! The TDL is coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad