Speculation: DSP on waivers - Trade incoming? BMAC speculates its with Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
if he is sent down they get ~$1m in reprieve which I believe is his salary.

I will be thrilled if Hagelin gets a 3rd

Yes, but to ever bring him back up, they need to have that amount in available cap space?

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
yup,

injuries happen.

Yeah but I’m saying that the Capitals are so up against the Cap that they won’t have enough room to even bring him back up.

They reported Jaskin was practicing this morning. Why would they let him practice if he’s getting traded?

Some form of salary has to go out for them.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Yeah but I’m saying that the Capitals are so up against the Cap that they won’t have enough room to even bring him back up.

They reported Jaskin was practicing this morning. Why would they let him practice if he’s getting traded?

Some form of salary has to go out for them.

I think he is part of the LA deal. Why wouldn't they let him practice.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018

Because they have known what the trade was since yesterday. It makes no sense to have him practicing with the team when he’s part of a trade. That and some freak injury could happen.

Reactions: Dexter Sinister

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Because they have known what the trade was since yesterday. It makes no sense to have him practicing with the team when he’s part of a trade. That and some freak injury could happen.

If he wasn't going to be traded, he would've been waived.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016

You don’t want a guy getting injured in practice right before a trade that’s about to happen. That’s why most people tend to speculate hard when a guy misses practice as the TDL is approaching.

Reactions: Dexter Sinister

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Yeah don’t want a guy getting injured in practice right before a trade that’s about to happen. That’s why most people tend to speculate hard when a guy misses practice as the TDL is approaching.

Maybe they wanted him for some drills or line rushes. Maybe he is not a big part of the deal and had he gotten injured they would have just subbed in DSP and waived Jaskin.

If I knew how to insert the Iverson "talking about Practice" gif here I would

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Yes I know that. But if they have known what the trade was yesterday, why would they let the person involved in the trade practice today? It makes no sense.

Well DSP is reporting to Hershey, so there's a million in cap space.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
You don’t want a guy getting injured in practice right before a trade that’s about to happen. That’s why most people tend to speculate hard when a guy misses practice as the TDL is approaching.

In most cases, but if its a guy thrown in just to send an spc the other way the low injury risk is probably preferable to losing a day of skating.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Maybe they wanted him for some drills or line rushes. Maybe he is not a big part of the deal and had he gotten injured they would have just subbed in DSP and waived Jaskin.

If I knew how to insert the Iverson "talking about Practice" gif here I would

Maybe. Would be risky. Caps beat reporter already posted the lines today without Jaskin.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
tick tock
giphy.gif

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
As it works out, DSP will cool his heels and work a fitness program for the rest of the regular season. When the playoffs start the salary cap is lifted and DSP returns. Smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad