Speculation: DSP on waivers - Trade incoming? BMAC speculates its with Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
A lot of you guys seem to be getting mixed up with prorated cap and full cap.

To simplify things WSH can now add about 1.957M in full cap hits. IE, Dzingel is 1.8M, they can add him.

If they wait for the deadline, they can add 2.1M.

that's without cap going back right?

I'd assume they're waiting for DSP to clear/get claimed and then you deal Jaskin + pick

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
DSP > Hagelin, Clifford, or Lewis. DSP has a recent history of being a difference maker in the post-season. The latter 3 are marginal regular season upgrades.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
that's without cap going back right?

I'd assume they're waiting for DSP to clear/get claimed and then you deal Jaskin + pick

That's once DSP clears or is claimed.

Without that, they can add 957k.

957k current cap
+ 1M cap credit for burying DSP
=1.957M

This is FULL cap hits. People get confused because they list both prorated and full amounts on Capfriendly. It's easier to choose one and stick with it.

So they can add (the equivalent of) 1.957M in player cap. Dzingel is 1.8M that's a yes.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Only one of the 3 I know is Hagelin. Hopefully they aren’t trying to add offense if it’s Hagelin.

They don't need offense. Their needs seem to be a PK'er, defensive forward and a face-off guy. Hagelin checks two of those boxes. I would be thrilled if it was Hagelin.

Reactions: gtrower

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Nothing from Washington seems interesting for the Kings.
There is obviously players that arent available the caps would want. Dsp was a big part of last seasons playoffs so losing him for the available kings players doesnt sound interesting

Reactions: ovikovy817

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Flames 4th line has been their best line for the past 5 games or so. I don't think they would be looking to break that up right now.
They won't continue that play and we can just sit DSP in the meantime and send Lazar back to the AHL

Sword

May 26, 2014
To be fair, DSP shows up to every training camp out of shape, but he's a playoff performer.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Nothing from Washington seems interesting for the Kings.

The tweet was talking about Hagelin Cliford or Lewis.

I know in this section of hfboard there are many of unrealistic propositions every day, but I like to stay realistic.
The caps are not getting Soughty or Kopitar, ... so yes. There's nothing left that is interesting

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
I can see Montreal putting a claim in on DSP.

I threw up a little bit when I read this. Hell NO!

No way Bergevin picks him up BUT I hate people that crap on heart and soul players that loved playing for the Habs. The kid loved Montreal and whatever happens in his career he's got a Cup win in which he played a big part.

I can't believe some Hab fans still crap on Eller too. Washington wouldn't have a Cup sans Lars.

Reactions: BatVader

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
No way Bergevin picks him up BUT I hate people that crap on heart and soul players that loved playing for the Habs. The kid loved Montreal and whatever happens in his career he's got a Cup win in which he played a big part.

I can't believe some Hab fans still crap on Eller too. Washington wouldn't have a Cup sans Lars.

No ones crapping on him. Frankly, he was no heart & soul player, that’s someone like Gallagher. The point is he did nothing in mtl and bringing him back makes 0 sense.

Eller was a special kind of ordinary during his mtl stint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad