Waived: Dryden Hunt

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Well, he got his chance again and didn’t really earn a spot, I guess. I like his game but there’s just something missing that I can’t quite figure out.

I wonder if Toninato is coming back up? He played quite good in those few games.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Well, he got his chance again and didn’t really earn a spot, I guess. I like his game but there’s just something missing that I can’t quite figure out.

I wonder if Toninato is coming back up? He played quite good in those few games.

I'd reckon that Malgin too is going to Springfield as well. Q has reduced his shifts and TOI in the past few games already so he's gonna get axed soon enough.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
In NHL now you want your 4th line to score at least some. Hunt just cant score a goal to save his life. Much rather see Toninato there

Yeah, I like Hunt he works hard, but Toninato definitely deserves a spot over him. Greco is even worthy of a look to see what he can do, he never got a real shot.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I'd reckon that Malgin too is going to Springfield as well. Q has reduced his shifts and TOI in the past few games already so he's gonna get axed soon enough.

True. The last 5 games or so he hasn’t really done much and has been on the ice for some goals against quite frequently.

This is the downside of our current cap situation...we don’t have the luxury of having healthy scratches coming in and out of the lineup or being able to call up/send down guys which tends to create some complacency. We need more ongoing competition for bottom 6 spots.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Might as well try to upgrade his spot. He’s fine on the 4th line but there’s a chance we have better players to take his spot

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Actually odd.

What's the next move?

Nvm. Saw he got benched in the 3rd against the Peg. Guess writing was on the wall.

Im wondering if they call Toninator to join that line or Boyle drops down and Tippett gets a shot with Tro?

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Might lose him to waivers, but at this point he's probably what he is, a fourth line guy who's replaceable.

I wouldn't waive Malgin, at least not yet; he had a pretty good run early on, he has faded a bit lately but he's still a top9 guy, young and dirt cheap. Try to switch the lines around a bit before you go there - not like the rest of the middle six is producing much. And while we have several guys in Springfield who can replace Hunt, I'm not sure who'd replace Malgin - Borgstrom really needs the developement time, Tippett is a completely different player... nobody else on that roster stands out as a top9 guy. Unless you want to go back to Pysyk on wing once Weegar is back...

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Unless you want to go back to Pysyk on wing once Weegar is back...

I really hope not. He's less physical compared to Hunt and I just can't see him work as well on that 4th line. He is alright as a plug-in type guy on like the 3rd for a game or so for his defensive game, to add some balance. But beyond that...stick him on the 3rd pairing at best.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Might lose him to waivers, but at this point he's probably what he is, a fourth line guy who's replaceable.

I wouldn't waive Malgin, at least not yet; he had a pretty good run early on, he has faded a bit lately but he's still a top9 guy, young and dirt cheap. Try to switch the lines around a bit before you go there - not like the rest of the middle six is producing much. And while we have several guys in Springfield who can replace Hunt, I'm not sure who'd replace Malgin - Borgstrom really needs the developement time, Tippett is a completely different player... nobody else on that roster stands out as a top9 guy. Unless you want to go back to Pysyk on wing once Weegar is back...

Malgin's not producing a lot of points, but he's also not really playing poorly. He set Mike Hoffman up with two prime chances last night and Hoff just couldn't get them home. Malgin's been pretty good. Not the first guy on the team I'd waive, honestly.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I was about to comment on this. He jsut can’t score that’s his problem. He’s a great 13th forward but we need someone who is going to do something offensively.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
True. The last 5 games or so he hasn’t really done much and has been on the ice for some goals against quite frequently.

Other than that soft goal Bob let in, the fourth line was on for the two other goals against. Forget without looking what happened against the Jets, but Hunt hasn't been playing noticeably well the last few games.

Wouldn't be upset whatsoever if Toni gets called up, but if it's a Wing Spot they're looking for I'd be all for Grecs getting the shot. He seems to be having quite the season!

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Greco would be an option for the 4th line, but like Hunt he must produce something. When you call up Toninato i dont expect him to do much on the scoring.
When you wanna do something on the 4th Line and it belongs to yesterday Game definetly the defensiv part, then is Greco the first option to go.

Also Greco always on the hunt for Points, if they call up someone. I put my 5 Cent on Greco.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Greco would be an option for the 4th line, but like Hunt he must produce something. When you call up Toninato i dont expect him to do much on the scoring.
When you wanna do something on the 4th Line and it belongs to yesterday Game definetly the defensiv part, then is Greco the first option to go.

Also Greco always on the hunt for Points, if they call up someone. I put my 5 Cent on Greco.

I agree it should be Grecs and hopefully it will, but it's hard to say that with Toni you can't expect much scoring when he actually scored in his last NHL game. :huh:

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Not sure what the point of this is. Is one of our injured guys coming back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad