Drury addresses media after TDL

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Agreed.

There's also a bit of gamesmanship here w Drury ALWAYS keeping his cards to his chest.

As you said, I don't agree with it but I could see Drury having the mindset of never wanting to talk because all it would do is give more info to his opponents.

Some poker players talk non stop and try to get a read on players.

Some just sit there & NEVER say a word w a blank stare no matter what... even if you pissed on their shoes.
100%

And Drury has shown himself to be the quiet one. In some ways I respect and agree with it from the standpoint of running a tight ship and being in a good place to not get played, but in today's world fans crave content. You almost wish there was an AGM that was a media savvy person who would come out and talk about things and yet the man with the hammer sat somewhere else in stealth. In some ways you can very much see Drury is from the Sather school, but he is much more disciplined with the moves he makes. He picks what he wants to do (right or wrong) and he is committed to making it work within HIS terms. I respect that.

Reactions: Riche16

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Its amazing they even televise the games. Christ.

Fans pay the highest ticket prices in the league and their GM addresses them and the media from a videoless baby monitor

Meanwhile, every team around the league releases a live Youtube stream event. What a novel idea

They suck. They’re waaaaaay behind the curve in their television productions as well.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
I have to believe the org is a little gun shy to live stream anything anymore after the Miller incident, and I have noticed with the rangers an increase effort recently to control why is out in the media by not streaming and only releasing clips. You can see this even at times with game day media availability. It just seems like an org or company philosophy shift. Not saying I agree with it though. I love the Canadian media exposure and at times rawness, it makes for a more intimate relationship between team and fan.
What was the Miller incident?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Did Kakko break his wrist and have surgery?

Did Kakko break his wrist and not have surgery?

Did Kakko break his wrist?
He answered this explicitly:

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: bleedblue94

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
MSG and Rangers don’t care about that stuff. They rather print it out to see if their fans can read :sarcasm:
Msg doesn't have money for that stuff nor do they even for their broadcasts. They Spent all the money on renovations so nothing left to broadcast hockey apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: RangersFan1994

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Its amazing they even televise the games. Christ.

Fans pay the highest ticket prices in the league and their GM addresses them and the media from a videoless baby monitor

Meanwhile, every team around the league releases a live Youtube stream event. What a novel idea

The Rangers, as an org, has some of the worst fan services in all of sports. Its as if they resent we even exist.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Welcoming VK with arms wide open -- if he's matured. Could definitely use the cheap labor / ELC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad