Drury addresses media after TDL

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's not going to say anything about Kravtsov other than that everything is f***ing golden. Whatever leverage they have in a trade negotiation for Kravtsov is directly tied to other teams believing that the Rangers don't HAVE to move him. So the Rangers HAVE to make sure everything seems in a good place. I mean maybe it is; but if it's not they still have to pretend it is. It's in Kravtsov's best interest, as well.

I didn't hear anything else from the presser.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I just wanna know what number Copp is wearing.
Haha I have been waiting for this info. Keep checking twitter. The Rangers account, the beat writers. Nothing lol.

Anyways, very satisfied with how today transpired. Copp was at the top of my list for weeks and he was near the top for months. I think he is a fantastic add. He checks so many boxes. And what’s great is he is already familiar with Trouba and he knows Motte. So Drury brought in guys that can get acclimated probably quicker than most acquisitions. Even better that the connection tree runs through Trouba who is a leader for this group.

A depth D and one more bottom 6 forward was my other request. Drury went out and got both. Both quality adds that will make this group even tougher to play against. It will make their group stronger at 5v5. They didn’t give up much for Motte and Braun. Braun trade was a huge success consdiering what other defensemen were going for. Motte for a 4th is a nice victory too.

But going back to the 5v5 boost. This team has the top end talent. Lafreniere is getting better every game. The problem always has been when the bottom 6 hops over the boards. You cant get your game plan going because you cant get into a rhythm with forechecking, cycling, puck possession, pace, everything. That is about to change with these additions. When Kakko is back he should slot back in at 2RW. Copp/Motte/Vatrano in the bottom 6 is legitimately a game changer. Copp and Motte can also PK. Our PK has already had good numbers this year. Braun will help that as well.

Playoffs are grueling. You need depth. We have it now. Our extras could consist of Reaves, Rooney, Hunt, Gauthier, McKegg, Brodzinski, and even Merkley. Loved the Merkley acquisition. They turned lol Bitetto into a 24 year old former 1st round pick who is having a solid year in the A. Quality player to help Hartford’s own playoff push.

Just a good day all around. Sucks to see Morgan Barron go, but have to give to get. Better to see him go than others. A lot of others.

Last edited:

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
He's not going to say anything about Kravtsov other than that everything is f***ing golden. Whatever leverage they have in a trade negotiation for Kravtsov is directly tied to other teams believing that the Rangers don't HAVE to move him. So the Rangers HAVE to make sure everything seems in a good place. I mean maybe it is; but if it's not they still have to pretend it is. It's in Kravtsov's best interest, as well.

I didn't hear anything else from the presser.
I mean, right off the rip he said he’s playing extremely well, and IMO that’s just objectively untrue.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I think today's trades make it unlikely VK returns this season.

Hopefully they can work it out and he's in camp next year.

We're not going to get a good return for him if he doesn't play for us again.

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
I think today's trades make it unlikely VK returns this season.

Hopefully they can work it out and he's in camp next year.

We're not going to get a good return for him if he doesn't play for us again.
What better way to establish value than how a guy plays in the playoffs. I also think there is still a need for a scoring on this team as we didn't pick up another higher end scorer nor has Laffy or Kakko emerged yet as one.

So I think the Kravstov addition could be a key one. My guess/hope is a return with about 10 games to go to get him at least somewhat acclimated to the team before the playoff stretch. Problem is Drury is Mr. Poker he very rarely makes it easy to know what is going on behind the scenes on anything.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Its amazing they even televise the games. Christ.

Fans pay the highest ticket prices in the league and their GM addresses them and the media from a videoless baby monitor

Meanwhile, every team around the league releases a live Youtube stream event. What a novel idea

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Its amazing they even televise the games. Christ.

Fans pay the highest ticket prices in the league and their GM addresses them and the media from a videoless baby monitor

Meanwhile, every team around the league releases a live Youtube stream event. What a novel idea
I have to believe the org is a little gun shy to live stream anything anymore after the Miller incident, and I have noticed with the rangers an increase effort recently to control why is out in the media by not streaming and only releasing clips. You can see this even at times with game day media availability. It just seems like an org or company philosophy shift. Not saying I agree with it though. I love the Canadian media exposure and at times rawness, it makes for a more intimate relationship between team and fan.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I have to believe the org is a little gun shy to live stream anything anymore after the Miller incident, and I have noticed with the rangers an increase effort recently to control why is out in the media by not streaming and only releasing clips. You can see this even at times with game day media availability. It just seems like an org or company philosophy shift. Not saying I agree with it though. I love the Canadian media exposure and at times rawness, it makes for a more intimate relationship between team and fan.
Miller incident?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the new people in the lineup tonight.

Reactions: romba

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Agreed.

There's also a bit of gamesmanship here w Drury ALWAYS keeping his cards to his chest.

As you said, I don't agree with it but I could see Drury having the mindset of never wanting to talk because all it would do is give more info to his opponents.

Some poker players talk non stop and try to get a read on players.

Some just sit there & NEVER say a word w a blank stare no matter what... even if you pissed on their shoes.

Reactions: Peltz

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2