Value of: Drouin

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
Just picking up some previous comments that makes sense to me...

Bergevin won't trade him. His value is at a low point. Let's find him a decent center. He is still the most talented player on this team. I hope he (and the management) can make it work.

Reactions: HOPE

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I’m doubtful that Drouin will ever reach his full potential - he’d need a major transformation in attitude and work ethic for that to happen. But he’s still a much better player than he was with the Habs last season, playing out of position and with a bunch of added weight that took away his speed. Don’t blame the player because your organization ruined him with its stupidity. Put him back on the wing where he belongs (something every Tampa fan here was trying to tell you guys when the trade took place but you didn’t want to hear it) and have him get down to his previous weight and you’ll be a lot happier with him.

Reactions: hilarnat

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
You don't understand. Drouin at wing or at center results in the same production. Why? Cause the Habs needs more talent and centers. Going to take a few years before Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Olofsson are ready.

Do you really think Drouin is going to put up points with Pleky or Danault as his center?

How about we try Hudon at centre with Drouin and a big body like Armia as his wingers? I realize this won't likely be an extended experiment but I think it could work.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
To trade Drouin would be an admission of failure for Bergevin, and an invitation to fire him.

Reactions: hilarnat

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Drouin would take a hefty overpayment to get. Bergevin is higher on him than anyone else seems to be.

Not happening

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
No need to move young players who could be here long term through this rebuild.

Get him back at Wing ASAP and wait for our centres to develop

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Trading him now would be one of bergevin's worst moves, and I'm someone who didn't like the original trade at first. He's at low value, so why dump him for 50 cents on the dollar? Try to rehab him into a better player or at least up his value so he's more attractive in a trade.

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
How about we try Hudon at centre with Drouin and a big body like Armia as his wingers? I realize this won't likely be an extended experiment but I think it could work.

This is worthing a try 100%.

But ultimately, I think Drouin would benefit from a big bodied center to create him space and I don't know if a winger like Armia can do that. It's became obvious to me that even though he did well while being away from MacK in the draft year, Drouin is not the guy that is making surrounding players better.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
He was never going to do anything in TB. He had a lot to do with it, but he wasn't ever going to get a fair shake from Cooper.

The issue is that MTL clearly didn't understand the kind of player they were trading for, much like Tampa didn't understand the player they were drafting. You don't take a kid with offensive talent like Drouin and try and turn him into Bergeron. Shelter the kid with some talent for a little bit, let him produce and adjust and then set him free with some linemates who can protect him.

Tampa Bay wanted to play him 8 mins a game with Brian Boyle and JT Brown. There's time for Drouin to turn it around, but teams have to stop trying to make him something he isn't.

Having said that, I cannot believe we traded him for Sergachev lol.
That's a load of poo. Look at Drouin's last year here. He averaged top six minutes in 2016-17, just under Stamkos and above Cooper favorite Filppula. Just because he wasn't given much time with Kucherov doesn't mean he wasn't given a fair shake. Tyler Johnson spent a lot of time on the third line this year, no one ever says how he's not being given a fair shake. That narrative is lazy.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Just because he's not the solution to the hole they're trying to fill, doesn't mean he's not a core piece. I wouldn't be trading Drouin if I were MTL.

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
I would give any team Drouin for a 2019 mid to high 1st round pick.
That's low value. I'm not giving up Drouin over a 15thOVA. He is a talented hockey player, exactly what MTL is lacking...

It's so sad he doesn't have a decent center to play with. The trade value of the players (Drouin & Sergachev) itself is not that bad but it just enlight the fact that Yzerman knew the team's needs and Bergevin have no idea of what his team priorities should be. Why can't MTL slot them players right?

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
That's low value. I'm not giving up Drouin over a 15thOVA. He is a talented hockey player, exactly what MTL is lacking...

It's so sad he doesn't have a decent center to play with. The trade value of the players itself is not that bad but it just enlight the fact that Yzerman knew the team's needs and Bergevin have no idea of what his team priorities should be. Why can't MTL slot them players right?
Because Bergevin is much smarter than the rest of us, or so he thinks.

Last edited:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If he is moved, it wont be any time soon. There are at least 4-5 things that would need to happen 1st in order for that to happen with step 1 being a new MGMT group and the team committing to an actual rebuild. So at this point its too early to tell.

Goodness knows if nothing changes and he is moved it will be because he is a scapegoat for the teams woes and the return will be for a similar player who is 60-70% as good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad