Speculation: Drouin

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
Nah, that's not even a possibility. Drouin holds all the cards and he knows it. No way does TB not get back at least something for him. It'll be interesting to see where he lands up.

I'm still dreaming Hawks. Just think about those top two lines. I could almost cry, it's so beautiful.

Drouin / Toews / Teravainen
Panarin / Anisimov / Kane

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Nah, that's not even a possibility. Drouin holds all the cards and he knows it. No way does TB not get back at least something for him. It'll be interesting to see where he lands up.

I'm still dreaming Hawks. Just think about those top two lines. I could almost cry, it's so beautiful.

Drouin / Toews / Teravainen
Panarin / Anisimov / Kane

Then Dano/Danault/TT. :nod:

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
I want nothing to do with Drouin, and haven't for a while. We aren't the most patient, hand-holding organization when it comes to young talent. That's not a knock on us, but Drouin just got suspended without pay from the TBL for not showing up to an AHL game. I don't care what agent is chirping in his ear, there's no excuse.

At this point in his career, he should have some understanding of what it means to be a paid professional. All the talent in the world means nothing if you can't work within the rules and the framing of your ELC. He needs to understand that he's on a two-way contract and that if he doesn't cut these antics soon, nobody is going to want him.

You can argue whether or not certain players on the Hawks have certain skillsets, and whether or not certain players contribution warrant their contracts. You can't point to anyone currently on the Hawks roster who is so blatantly unprofessional. I want nothing to do with him.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
The same Bob Murray who's awful roster management has taken Anaheim from contender to pretender?

The same Bob Murray that traded for Bieksa? Yeah lets not pretend Mr Murray is a good judge of talent or character

A GM of an NHL team saying it like it is. Don't shoot Bobby the messenger. What is your problem, who cares who said it. All you can do it what make fun of the GM that said it. So it was team X guy that said it, then what, does that change it. wow

HjamSandwich

Oct 16, 2010
This is an opportunity to buy a dynamic talent at a bargain price.

There is 0% chance he pulls this **** here.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I still think they are going to get more in return than the Hawks can or will offer. I'm sure his stock has lowered some, but I doubt enough to the point where we would be in the game.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Dano + Pokka. Dano is a good talent but Drouin is better. Pokka is also good but won't get a chance here, we prefer 40 year olds on D.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Some of you are so down on him. Dude is 20 years old. Are you the same person today as you were at 20? Now add to it being drafted 3rd overall, and people/commentators/coaches telling you how great you're gonna be all your life. Hell, kids a millionaire before he can legally drink!

Relax on the attitude problems. He'll grow into himself. Just as his game will mature, so will everything else.

Or he could be a bust. It'll be interesting to see it play out, and I'd love to have a front row seat.

I have to agree. By the standards we see here from some of the do-gooders here, they would not draft (or trade for) immature 19 year-olds like Patrick Kane, Tyler Seguin or Eric Lindros. A player this talented cannot be shunned that easily in the ultra competitive NHL.

Wherever Drouin ends up, he will be greeted with open arms by players, but he will also need to do his talking with his play on the ice. Stevie Y has made it quite apparent that he is not going to cave in to low ballers trying to steal him away.

Last edited:

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Walsh will probably have Drouin holdout on any reasonable offer from Bowman come extension time anyway.

It will probably take more than a year for Drouin to gain Q's trust for 16+ minutes a night. I prefer Bowman let somebody else gamble on that guy.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
I have to agree. By the standards we see here from some of the do-gooders here, they would not draft (or trade for) immature 19 year-olds like Patrick Kane, Tyler Seguin or Eric Lindros. A player this talented cannot be shunned that easily in the ultra competitive NHL.

Wherever Drouin ends up, he will be greeted with open arms by players, but he will also need to do his talking with his play on the ice. Stevie Y has made it quite apparent that he is not going to cave in to low ballers trying to steal him away.

Drouin isn't immature, he has an attitude problem. Kane and Seguin were never sitting out games or publicly complaining about their role.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
This is a crazy thought but if we acquired Drouin I would consider putting him with the 3rd line and keep Shaw where he is at for now.

65-19-81
72-15-88
JD-24-86
11-16-70-JS-RP-etc.

Here is my reasoning: This would easy JD into our system and also give 86-24 a line mate with high end skill like their own. We would then be rolling 3 high scoring lines and defensive 4th line. Thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad