Drouin to donate 500K and help raise 5M over 10 years

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Jonathan Drouin has not lost any time before becoming involved in the Montreal community since he joined the Habs.
The Montreal Canadiens forward announced Tuesday that he will donate $500,000 over 10 years to the CHUM Foundation for the Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal.
Drouin said during a visit to the hospital̢۪s research centre on Tuesday that he also intends to get involved in various activities over the next decade to raise $5 million for the institution

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/jonathan-drouin-makes-500-000-donation-to-the-chum-foundation-1.3596783

Has not even worn a Habs jersey in a pre-season game and already making an impact in the community. :handclap:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
He isn't quite like Subban. 50k for 10 years is better than nothing.

... Actually, that's the exact same thing as Subban did.
Less money pledged all in all, but the principle is the same, and there's a decent income gap between both players as well. Subban was mostly pledges, too.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Congrats on Drouin for the donation&pledge, a good way to show appreciation for your society :)

Relatively to their salaries, the donation is equivalent.

Waiting for that RDS spam in 3.2.1...

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
... Actually, that's the exact same thing as Subban did.
Less money pledged all in all, but the principle is the same, and there's a decent income gap between both players as well. Subban was mostly pledges, too.

Similar deals. I believe in PK's case he pledged to raise 10M over 7 years. Technically he could be on the hook for the totality if no one else contributes or he could end up not donating a dime of his own money if others contribute totality. According to globalnews in his first year foundation hit yearly target of 1.4M while Subban + sponsors contributed for 280K. Not clear how much of Subban's money was donated. Now that he is not as visible, he will probably have to contribute quite a bit more from his personal paycheck.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2913873/p...t-year-of-montreal-childrens-hospital-pledge/

In Drouin case he guarantees 50K/year for 10 years of his own money + a target of 5M for his foundation. 5M is more a best effort target not a guarantee.

In both cases, excellent initiatives.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
There was member of the organization with him so I would believe he has the franchise's permission :laugh:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
But he's only doing this to show off! It's better if a poor person donates one dollar!!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Similar deals. I believe in PK's case he pledged to raise 10M over 7 years. Technically he could be on the hook for the totality if no one else contributes or he could end up not donating a dime of his own money if others contribute totality. According to globalnews in his first year foundation hit yearly target of 1.4M while Subban + sponsors contributed for 280K. Not clear how much of Subban's money was donated. Now that he is not as visible, he will probably have to contribute quite a bit more from his personal paycheck.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2913873/p...t-year-of-montreal-childrens-hospital-pledge/

In Drouin case he guarantees 50K/year for 10 years of his own money + a target of 5M for his foundation. 5M is more a best effort target not a guarantee.

In both cases, excellent initiatives.

Except that Subban regularly returns to Montreal specifically for this cause as he cares and wants to help.

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
I can't remember which poster it was, but in the Subban thread about his donation, he was pretty vocal how it was all PR stunt and strictly for his ego. Wish I could remember who it was, as I'd love to hear what criticism he could find in a generous act like this.

Good for Drouin. He gets to play for his childhood team and make an impact in the community like this. Good for him.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
I really hope this will become a Thing here, and it was also a great idea to specify how much Drouin will personally contribute to avoid any misunderstandings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad