Drop the gloves

• Thread starter Bi Coastal Bawse*
  • Start date

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I totally think the bruins need to get more ground and pound in the line up.
Thats what makes us the bruins.
I am not advocating a John Scott, but if they could find a couple more guys to throw the body and play a heavy game, I would be delighted.
I would LOVE if the GM found a D man to fill some of the gap whom played heavy.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I might have to disagree with this a bit.

At the NHL level, I don't think Kassian has ever won a scrap. Beleskey is an underrated brawler, I'm telling you. Rinaldo would even give Kassian a real hard time as well.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
At the NHL level, I don't think Kassian has ever won a scrap. Beleskey is an underrated brawler, I'm telling you. Rinaldo would even give Kassian a real hard time as well.

I remember Kassian dropping Sestito, who yes, is kind of a punching bag but he's a willing Heavy. I don't think Beleseky has one notable win...

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I remember Kassian dropping Sestito, who yes, is kind of a punching bag but he's a willing Heavy. I don't think Beleseky has one notable win...

Sestito to me, is the Gregory Campbell of heavyweights. But I did forget about that one...I still like my chances.

FWIW, Beleskey dropped Bieksa. Twice.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Don't think those were "Drops" more like pull downs/fall downs. It was voted a draw on DYG.

Fact of the matter is, my preference when I fought, I always went after the goons. The big guys. Somebody like Bieksa would give me a harder time than a guy like Kassian. A guy like Rinaldo would give Kassian a beat down IMO.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Fact of the matter is, my preference when I fought, I always went after the goons. The big guys. Somebody like Bieksa would give me a harder time than a guy like Kassian. A guy like Rinaldo would give Kassian a beat down IMO.

Oh, I don't disagree. Lots of time the smaller, shiftier guys will get in close and score some points. Unless the heavy they are fighting is legit... (See Rypien/Carkner)

I just don't see Beleskey as a good fighter, serviceable for sure, but I would pick Kassian in that fight 9/10.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Oh, I don't disagree. Lots of time the smaller, shiftier guys will get in close and score some points. Unless the heavy they are fighting is legit... (See Rypien/Carkner)

I just don't see Beleskey as a good fighter, serviceable for sure, but I would pick Kassian in that fight 9/10.

I think it would be a good tussle. Hope to see it January 1st. Winter Classic, the outdoor game.

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Winning hockey games is the most important thing, but admittedly winning the fights AND winning the game -- is top drawer.

This team doesn't look like it will get pushed around. I am not worried about this. More worried about team speed and breakout.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

IDK if some people can read...........I said a player who can fight AND play

then mentioned Ryan Reaves

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota

I don't think we need to carry a heavy in-division right now but could pick up some toughness going through LA etc.

The guy who uploaded this has a few other great videos too, I love the "NHL mic'd up/chirp" videos... lots of Bruin stuff in those lol. Very entertaining.

Last edited:

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

I don't think we need to carry a heavy in-division right now but could pick up some toughness going through LA etc.

Oh yeah!!! I'm subscribed to that kid THE MOOK on youtube. Very rare you see a Bruins fan making youtube vids. (I think he is anyway). Great video!! :yo:

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Sad about Bobby Robins. Pretty great story right there, too bad it didn't last too long. Bobby's tough as nails.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad