Drop the gloves

• Thread starter Bi Coastal Bawse*
  • Start date

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Ryan Reaves sucks at hockey. Like he really sucks. No room for goons who can't play or hit. As much as I dislike Rinaldo, he at least found a niche hitting, he's a very good hitter. Reaves isn't. Reaves is awful.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Ryan Reaves sucks at hockey. Like he really sucks. No room for goons who can't play or hit. As much as I dislike Rinaldo, he at least found a niche hitting, he's a very good hitter. Reaves isn't. Reaves is awful.

Disagree. I've seen Reaves absolutely lay out people.

FROMSHORETOCHARA

Jul 2, 2009
Great video! Hate that they traded looch, yes got a lot of assets back but odds are none will b top line player like 17. Well unless San Jose really gags....can't believe what they gave us for jones. Anyway, looch Had a bad year, still should have kept and signed. People who hate fighting always say b like Tampa cause Tampa is good. Well Carolina and Phoenix aren't usually tough but no anti fighting folks ever mention them as models cause they suck. Looch huge part of bruins renaissance. Any team that wins cup going to draw but how they win made them even more popular. Anybody thinks that sissy euro Detroit hockey going to sell as well in boston as tough hockey is nuts. You can b fast and skilled but still have fights and tough players, bruins, kings, and first hawks team all did it. It's not either or. Glad Sweeney values tough players and trying to restore the roar but they trade the one guy who made the brand.along with a younger healthy z.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Um

No

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Is that Phil Kessel at 2:47 enjoying the beat down that Lucic gave the Hab?:laugh:

Yes, it is. That was the infamous Lucic vs Komisarek showdown and the first game after the 2007-2008 playoffs the year before. Lucic destroyed Komisarek, who was never the same after that, and we went on to crush the Habs that year.

mattbnh

Apr 26, 2004
New Hampster
I loved this Lucic.

Unfortunately, that guy has been MIA for awhile...which is one of the reasons he is no longer here.

Just an opinion, not posing as an expert.

I think the problem with Lucic was that he was that tough guy, and he also was a 1st line winger.

You want your tough guy to hit hard and challenge people.
You want your 1st line winger to stay on the ice and not take unfortunate penalties.

Lucic could not do both. Once he started piling up reputation penalties, he had to back way down to not put the Bruins offense in a hole.

If you think about the video of "The Shift" when he played for the Vancouver Giants, if he had done a shift like that last year, he probably would have picked up 5 and a game.

He made the big money on his toughness and skill, but that meant he really couldn't play third line minutes for his salary, once he became a penalty waiting to happen.

When Colin Campbell called him a goon and suspended him, the honeymoon was over. He was transformed into a potential repeat offender (over a couple of years time), and he could never really let loose again.

He might have a revival in LA, especially if he is not on the 1st line.
But his reputation might follow him, and dog him the rest of his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad