Rumor: Driedger not returning to Florida, will test UFA market. Where does he end up?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
remember Seattle has first dibs on him due to our exclusive 2 day window.
It's not exactly first dibs, especially f he doesn't want to go there. If I were him I wouldn't be interested in signing with them unless I already know what the goalie situation is.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I put rumor just because it's not been announced but everyone knows it's Bob and Knight in Florida next year. What will Chris Driedger get as a UFA, and where. He was very good but started on a downward trend the last month of the season and was terrible in the playoffs. I hope he secures the bag but I'm getting some Andrew Hammond vibes with him.

7nYkf1Y.png
He wasn't *that* bad in the playoffs, he was better than Bob

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Of course he isn't returning. Bob can't be moved and they obviously plan to have Knight with the team next year. Driedger didn't have a choice in the matter.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
It's not exactly first dibs, especially f he doesn't want to go there. If I were him I wouldn't be interested in signing with them unless I already know what the goalie situation is.

what i mean first dibs is we would be the first team allowed to actually talk to him via our couple day exclusive FA window. For everyone else they have to wait until after the draft.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Dude is 27 and has played 38 total games and people want to give him big time money. I just don’t get it.

Anybody that pays him more than about 2 mil is a dope.
38 games... atop the league... where he entered the season as earning a roster spot. Not to mention with awful defense. He’s worth someone giving him 3-4/$15 million. Good goalies are hard to come by.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s a good goalie. Big frame, calm and confident puck stopper. He’s never going to be a top tier star netminder but he can be a solid 1A/B type starter. I’m not saying a team should sign him to a 5x5 deal or anything crazy but this continual “yeah but look at Scott Darling” narrative is insanely stupid. If a pro scouting department gives him a good grade (and his play on Florida has mostly justified this) - for a GM to say “no thanks” based on the ghost of some former player and bad contract is simply a sign of incompetence.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I hope Calgary goes for a more tested guy. Don't want to relive the days of the auto-loss backup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad