Drewiske on waivers at noon (UPD: clears waivers)

CrazyShea

Mar 16, 2006
The Rock
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 7m

Davis Drewiske is not on the trip and will be put on waivers at noon. If not claimed, he will report to Hamilton.

As per the habs twitter account.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I really doubt anyone claims him. The habs have too many roster players right now. I am not sure I understand the conditioning stint (if Drew still occupies a roster spot when he does a conditioning stint).

I think that Tinordi and Beaulieu are ahead of him on the depth chart, so no reason he should get any NHL minutes unless he proves he deserves them down in Hamilton.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Friggin' clowns.

If Drewiske is claimed, I expect 1000 posts on his undervalued skills and how MB should have held out for a better return. :sarcasm:

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I'm assuming they tried to trade him this week and there was little to no interest. I can't imagine MB just giving him away. He would be great for Hamilton's playoff drive and that would provide more room on the Habs for Tinordi and Beaulieu if we need someone.

Question: If he goes unclaimed and we need to bring him up later will he have to pass through waivers again?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'm assuming they tried to trade him this week and there was little to no interest. I can't imagine MB just giving him away. He would be great for Hamilton's playoff drive and that would provide more room on the Habs for Tinordi and Beaulieu if we need someone.

Question: If he goes unclaimed and we need to bring him up later will he have to pass through waivers again?

No they eliminated re-entry waivers in the last CBA.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Mayby it's just to open up a roster spot for an upcoming trade?
That's a big mayby...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad