Confirmed with Link: Drew O'Connor re-signed, 2x925k

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's also worth pointing out that on a rate basis, O'Connor didn't have a bad goal scoring rate last year either. He average 0.71 5v5 goals/60, which is really similar to what Rust (0.78 5v5 goals/60), McGinn (0.67 5v5 goals/60) and Heinen (0.65 5v5 goals/60) had. Those three are all very obviously wildly different caliber players, but I think all of them are at least solid goal scorers.

I don't think it's a stretch to think that O'Connor could hit 15 goals and 30 points on a 3rd line over a full season. He certainly has the minor league production to suggest he can produce in the NHL. With his size and speed, I think that's pretty firmly in the "good 3rd liner" territory if he can do that.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
O'Connor scores, he just needs a tons of attempts to do so. His ability to beat goalies clean that he displayed in NCAA highlights hasn't carried through. I think there's one example on Tokarski.

Which isn't ideal on a line where nobody else is a threat to score.

His goals are mostly coming from deflections and loose pucks around the goal mouth and for that, you need someone who can shoot.

Reactions: Gurglesons

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I don’t know. DOC and Poehling would have made 2/3 of a nice young, big, 4th line.

But I’m sure what’s left of Lars Eller at 2.4 a year will bring all the energy.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I don’t know. DOC and Poehling would have made 2/3 of a nice young, big, 4th line.

But I’m sure what’s left of Lars Eller at 2.4 a year will bring all the energy.
He certainly will save the energy when he yells at the youngin's for leaving the locker room light on when nobody is in there.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Poor dumb bastard.

It's also worth pointing out that on a rate basis, O'Connor didn't have a bad goal scoring rate last year either. He average 0.71 5v5 goals/60, which is really similar to what Rust (0.78 5v5 goals/60), McGinn (0.67 5v5 goals/60) and Heinen (0.65 5v5 goals/60) had. Those three are all very obviously wildly different caliber players, but I think all of them are at least solid goal scorers.

I don't think it's a stretch to think that O'Connor could hit 15 goals and 30 points on a 3rd line over a full season. He certainly has the minor league production to suggest he can produce in the NHL. With his size and speed, I think that's pretty firmly in the "good 3rd liner" territory if he can do that.
Yeah, Heinen is the caliber of shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad