News Article: Drew Doughty wants the season to be over...

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Blake has the toughest offseason of any GM. Find a coach, get ready for the draft, try to talk teams into taking your garbage, fix the defense, fix the offense, figure out how to motivate guys who went the whole season without any motivation. Get them to work out by stealing their paddleboards and selling them on ebay. Find time to paddleboard with your good buddies, come up with the nicest way possible to tell Willie D to lose your number.

This describes to a tee how Blake has kicked the can down the road. He did the bare minimum by getting rid of 2 UFAs, Pearson and Muzzin. His plate for the offseason would be materially lighter if he had moved one of Toffoli, Martinez or Clifford. He gets a slight pass on Martinez at the TDL, because he was injured.

But, if the plan is to get way younger as soon as next season, then an opportunity was missed due to a lack of decisiveness.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Blake has the toughest offseason of any GM. Find a coach, get ready for the draft, try to talk teams into taking your garbage, fix the defense, fix the offense, figure out how to motivate guys who went the whole season without any motivation. Get them to work out by stealing their paddleboards and selling them on ebay. Find time to paddleboard with your good buddies, come up with the nicest way possible to tell Willie D to lose your number.

Edmonton is in the same boat as well, except they need to find the GM too.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The living is easy on the beach by the Ottawa river. Surf's up brah!
I visited Ottawa probably 25 years ago on a business trip. Our hosts made sure we had dinner near a very racy red light district. They told us it was a very big deal because Ottawa was the nation's Capitol and the members of Parliament needed something to amuse themselves.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Truthfully Ottawa is a beautiful city..too bad they do not have an NHL team. And no that is not a shot at the Sens not being good, but more a shot at where the rink is located.

True, it’s in the middle of nowhere.

The 67’s are pretty darn good this year. Have an excellent shot to get to the Memorial Cup. Atleast they have them. Glass half full, I suppose.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Smyth turned into a total POS, but he did have a noticeable impact during that 09/10 campaign. The Kings had a legitimate first line that year in Smyth-Kopitar-Brown.

Smyth’s statline in 09/10:

22-31-53 in 67 games played. That’s pretty good.

09/10 was also Williams first real year with us, though he was still getting his feet under him after all those fluke injuries in Carolina. 10/11 was the year Williams really came online and cemented himself on the first line with Kopitar.

1927272.jpg

Truthfully Ottawa is a beautiful city..too bad they do not have an NHL team. And no that is not a shot at the Sens not being good, but more a shot at where the rink is located.

Bad timing when they built that arena. The suburban arenas were still a popular thing in the mid-90's.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Nah, just saying he's married to Brandy, literally.

Duuuuude you missed the entire point of my post. I was jokingly glad he wasn't beating his wife ala Voynov. It was a double or even triple entendre.

Notice how I capitalised Brandy? Brandy need not be because it techically is not a proper noun.

Then I thought you were referring to "hitting" as in sex. I hope he is. I hope he's tearing that up every night and she's loving it. Sex is a great stress reducer.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad