News Article: Drew Doughty wants the season to be over...

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
And if you agree Drew, Kings can ship you and your $11M a year ransom to a team that will appreciate your runny, toothless mouth style of maturity and leadership. That would be the perfect ending to this nightmare.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It's tough to watch. He's just being honest. The room is filled with his best friends that he's had tremendous success with. It's gotta be a tough pill to swallow watching Quick fall like he did last night. Everyone has got to be searching for a reset button right now. This coach hire is going to be one of the most pivotal moments for the future of the franchise. Blake better not f*** this up...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sigh.

Completely non-controversial remark that people are trying so hard to be outraged about.

Everyone loves when the villain loses, I guess.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
Love how some people just ***** about Doughty no matter what he says (looking at you especially, main boards). GOD FORBID players like him say how they really feel instead of the usual canned responses.

And besides, I'm with him on this one. **** this season and **** Willie D.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
It's tough to watch. He's just being honest. The room is filled with his best friends that he's had tremendous success with. It's gotta be a tough pill to swallow watching Quick fall like he did last night. Everyone has got to be searching for a reset button right now. This coach hire is going to be one of the most pivotal moments for the future of the franchise. Blake better not **** this up...[/QUOTE]

Agreed, he had to get this right and hopefully, avoid the 'good old boys' network. Also, ensuring that coach brings in a top notch staff. And Blake should be chewing out more than a few lazy backsides in those exit interviews.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Since Doughty has been a King, has the team been this bad?

08/09 and 16/17 are the only comparable seasons. But even in 08/09 we put together an admirable push toward the end of the season. You could tell the team was on its way up.

The next year we made the playoffs for the first time in seven seasons. The next five years, 09/10 - 13/14, marked a five year playoff streak, culminating in our two championships.

So no, the team has never been quite this bad with Doughty. Even in 08/09 - his rookie season - we finished 26th out of 30 teams. But notably, the Kings had the youngest team in the league by average age in 08/09.

In the summer of 2009, we acquired Ryan Smyth, and Kopitar went on an absolute tear to start the 09/10 season. It was all up from there.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
I'm far from a Doughty defender on here, but he did take some healthy runs last night. He isn't as checked out as some of the guys.

When I say some of the guys, I mean Jeff Carter.
Carter should be sent to Ontario, he's that bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad