Confirmed with Link: Drew Bannister named Rampage HC

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Seems like a good candidate for the job with his track record in the OHL

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I look forward to seeing how Bannister progresses. He has done some great work so far in his coaching career. I hope it translates to the next level!

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO

Reeeaallly good read about Coach Bannister. I’m not sure we could have gotten a better fit than him.

““It’s going to be a lot of similarities. For coaches at the NHL level, they want players they can trust and are committed and we’re going to have to build those details into their game but at the same time understand that we want to give them the ability to be creative and utilize the skills that they have and not handcuff them. The speed with the puck and the speed without the puck is a big part of our game and will be moving forward in San Antonio. It’s always been a big part of our game in Sault Ste. Marie and I don’t foresee that changing with my coaching career. The skill development that goes towards that, there’s a lot of time and effort that has to be put in by coaching staff and players alone,” Bannister finished.”

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I’d say that’s a fairly predictable prediction and it wouldn’t surprise me to see it be so within the next 18 months.
If the Blues falter again under Yeo and he tears up the AHL, I could definitely see it. Although Armstrong does love him some defensive minded coaches. I think Berube would be the choice first, unfortunately.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’m very excited about Bannister, but good lord no thank you. I hope we don’t have another coaching change in the next 18 months.
In 18 months, Yeo would have been the coach for 3 years.

If the team is struggling, he absolutely should be fired. That’s more than enough time for him to sink or swim and making a coaching change at that point would be just fine.

Reactions: The Note in Ky

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
In 18 months, Yeo would have been the coach for 3 years.

If the team is struggling, he absolutely should be fired. That’s more than enough time for him to sink or swim and making a coaching change at that point would be just fine.

I just take issue with the fact that people have been counting Yeo’s days since we hired him. I think people want to see a “different” Blues team, and expect a new coach to totally remake the team but that just isn’t true. That would require a wholesale rebuild. Like, it just seems that people’s desire to (always) fire the coach and (always) compete for a cup are at odds with each other. I just want a coach who can figure it out, and nobody will ever do that if they always have the Sword of Damocles over their head. The facts are that Yeo took a deeply flawed team to the second round, and then missed the playoffs with an even more flawed team by *one* point. The main flaw with the coaching right now is the power play, and while those coaching issues are legitimate and troubling (but so fixable!), our player talent isn’t exactly overwhelming either. We’re still a flawed team. We are on the way to improving, but I honestly don’t think Yeo is the problem, nor is he holding the team back. Saying “you’ve got 18 months to win a cup” seems arbitrary and silly. Idk, I like Yeo! We can get there with him, setting a ticking clock doesn’t really help

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I just take issue with the fact that people have been counting Yeo’s days since we hired him. I think people want to see a “different” Blues team, and expect a new coach to totally remake the team but that just isn’t true. That would require a wholesale rebuild. Like, it just seems that people’s desire to (always) fire the coach and (always) compete for a cup are at odds with each other. I just want a coach who can figure it out, and nobody will ever do that if they always have the Sword of Damocles over their head. The facts are that Yeo took a deeply flawed team to the second round, and then missed the playoffs with an even more flawed team by *one* point. The main flaw with the coaching right now is the power play, and while those coaching issues are legitimate and troubling (but so fixable!), our player talent isn’t exactly overwhelming either. We’re still a flawed team. We are on the way to improving, but I honestly don’t think Yeo is the problem, nor is he holding the team back. Saying “you’ve got 18 months to win a cup” seems arbitrary and silly. Idk, I like Yeo! We can get there with him, setting a ticking clock doesn’t really help
That makes sense. I think I originally misinterpreted what your first post meant but I see what you’re saying now.

Yeah, I hope Yeo finds success here too. He did well when he first took over, and this past year is hard to judge because we had so many players miss significant time with injuries, and we also never replaced Fabbri. So he was only given 5 top 6 forwards the whole year, and then only had 4 once Stastny was traded. Very hard to compete with that, but he tried. Thompson just wasn’t ready, and the rest were 3rd or 4th liners. Like you said, the power play is worrisome and he’s gotta find a way to fix that. But he definitely deserves another chance. If we give him more talent to work with, we’ll see what he can do. But we’ve gotta make the playoffs next season. If we are outside of a playoff spot midway through the year he has to be on the hot seat IMO.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
It doesn’t matter who is the coach if we miss the playoffs next year with a better roster than we have now I wouldn’t be surprised if yeo gets fired that’s all. It’s a very conceivable situation.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I don’t believe that everyone thinks as extreme as this picture paints. I think their are certainly more shades of gray and that most opinions fall in that range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad