News Article: Dreger reporting Muzzin’s deal 4x5.5+

kb

Aug 28, 2009
$5.5m for 4 years is a deal compared to what he would sign on the open market... you think this is 10% extra? You think he only gets $5m UFA?? No chance of that bro... Muzzin gets $6.5-7m/year if he goes UFA.
Of course he doesn't get $5 million per in UFA, it's much higher on the open market.

But sometimes posters need to create their own strawman and reality to keep a narrative alive.

Reactions: TDotMassive

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Happy 31st, Jake!

I'm extremely happy to have him on the team right now, but I sure as hell hope he's not going to be a 35 year-old earning $5.5mm.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Happy 31st, Jake!

I'm extremely happy to have him on the team right now, but I sure as hell hope he's not going to be a 35 year-old earning $5.5mm.
Depends how effective he is... he may be outplaying his contract, who know... but even still, with the front loaded contract being reported, it will make him very easy to move in year 4 as almost no hard money will be owed.

Reactions: kb

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Happy 31st, Jake!

Not sure if you’re saying we should sign or not sign. Can’t have one without the other.

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad