TSN Radio Dreger: Bodie, Kulemin, McClement, Ranger and Raymond all likely gone.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Dreger says the Maple Leafs had talks with Mason Raymond this week but Raymond wants around 3M for 3 years and the Maple Leafs won't touch that.

Dreger was pretty clear on the other UFAs. It doesn't sound like he has much hope for any of them staying.

This opens up four spots in the bottom 6.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Won't miss any of them but the changes need to happen higher on the food chain.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Dreger says the Maple Leafs had talks with Mason Raymond this week but Raymond wants around 3M for 3 years and the Maple Leafs won't touch that.

Dreger was pretty clear on the other UFAs. It doesn't sound like he has much hope for any of them staying.

I'd like to keep Bodie! Raymond should be able to find another team that'll commit $3.0M to have him as a cheap scoring winger. Senaturds, maybe?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Why wouldn't they bring Bodie back? He seemed like a great fourth liner who could probably be had for league minimum.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Excellent.
Promote the Marlies. Do not spend to the cap. Do not sign any dumb contracts for 5,6,7 years. Sign on low level vets if a roster spot is needed. Work on moving Phaneuf and Lupul and position ourselves to pick up one of McDavid/Eichel/Barzal in the 15 entry draft.
If we can get Ekblad then:
We have our D: Rielly/Ekblad
We have our wingers: JVR/Kessel
We have our goalie: Bernier
We just need a no. 1 C

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
McClem is a bit of a surprise, granted he had a bad year but so did much of the team. Was hoping we'd keep him and get him at a cheaper price.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I'd like to keep Kulemin personally, but it won't be the end of the world if ANY of those names are replaced with cheaper guys, either from the FA market or from the Marlies.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
So far it looks like we're pinning our problems on our assistant coaches and our 6's and 7's. Nothing wrong with our Kings and Queens here. I guess we'll see.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So far it looks like we're pinning our problems on our assistant coaches and our 6's and 7's. Nothing wrong with our Kings and Queens here. I guess we'll see.

Pretty much. Shuffle the spare parts and hope the core miraculously gets better.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Excellent news. That's a list full of dead weight and garbage players except Kulemin. He should have been traded at deadline.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
that is a minuscule shame on Bodie. he was decent. Same with Ranger
everyone else .......

sound-of-music-gif1.gif

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
Bye. Shame about 1 or two of those guys. But also I'm excited that our kids from the Marlies, who have worked hard all year, will get a better chance. Really with those guys gone it only opens up a few spots.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Why wouldn't they bring Bodie back? He seemed like a great fourth liner who could probably be had for league minimum.

McClem is a bit of a surprise, granted he had a bad year but so did much of the team. Was hoping we'd keep him and get him at a cheaper price.

everyone else .......

Given Dreger's recent track record, I'm surprised you folks think he's going to be right 5 out of 5 times.

Macman

May 15, 2004
everyone else .......

sound-of-music-gif1.gif

Ranger was decent the last month of the season but up to then looked like the worst defenceman in the league. He was drowning out there.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Kulemin has value, losing him for nothing is pretty weak but what can you do. Pretty frustrating that we are a bottom ten team and we don't sell at the deadline. But you can't blame management for trying I guess...

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well certainly not bad to change things up.

At the same time it's probably not a huge deal either.

Either way was going to lose the cost effective production from Raymond. Kulemin is a shame, but guess he wants to try and prove his scoring ability elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad