Draisaitl vs Barkov

Drai or Barkov?

• Leon Draisaitl

• Aleksander Barkov

Results are only viewable after voting.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Show your work
Watching them with eyes. That’s all. Draisaitl is often underrated defensively while Barkov gets overrated. Barkov is talked about like he is prime Bergeron or something. That’s far far from the case.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Watching them with eyes. That’s all. Draisaitl is often underrated defensively while Barkov gets overrated. Barkov is talked about like he is prime Bergeron or something. That’s far far from the case.

Couldn't Drai be underrated on d and Barkov overrated, while still the being better defensively ?

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
even though Draisaitl is kind of a liability defensively at 5v5, the gap in production is just way to big to ignore.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Huge understatement.

Nonetheless, right this minute I choose Draisaitl.
he was actually a bit better (probably like slightly below average) last season so I kind of gave him the benefit of the doubt but yeah... He's been awful this season. Been getting caved in at 5v5.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
he was actually a bit better (probably like slightly below average) last season so I kind of gave him the benefit of the doubt but yeah... He's been awful this season. Been getting caved in at 5v5.
I think he's still suffering from the effects of that ankle injury in the playoffs so that affects his range of motion and mobility. Usually he's better 5v5 (both offensively and defensively) than he has been this year. He's also been saddled with players that can't piss a drop, like Yamamoto, Puljujarvi, etc.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
They both broke out 4 years ago with their first true "elite" offensive season. So counting those 4 years since 2018-2019:

Leon Draisaitl - 243 games, 150 goals, 202 assists, 352 points. Average of 118 points over 82 games
Aleksander Barkov - 222 games, 96 goals, 148 assists, 244 points. Average of 90 points per 82 games.

So Draisaitl is outscoring Barkov by approx 28 points per 82 games played.

I'm a Habs fan. We have a new player on our team this year, Christian Dvorak. For the past 4 years, he averages close to 42 points per 82 games.
Chicago Blackhawks have this player called Alex Debrincat. Maybe you've heard of him. For the past 4 years, he averages 70 points per 82 games.

28 point gap. Barkov is as close to Draisaitl offensively these last 4 years as Christian Dvorak is to Debrincat.

So what do you think - whose better offensively, Debrincat, or Dvorak?
I commend you for actually providing George an undeserved and rational response.

Reactions: Duke74

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
Barkov is the better two way player, but Draisaitl's dominance offensively tilts this very much is his favour. Drai is also a huge big moment player with incredible playoff numbers. Also leads the league in GWG for 3 of the last 4 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad