Draisaitl vs Barkov

Drai or Barkov?

• Leon Draisaitl

• Aleksander Barkov

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I'm sure this has been done before but let's do it again. Couple great young centers drafted a year apart. Drai has a pretty wide edge offensively, Barkov the same defensively. Which one you taking for your team?

Draisaitl 2021-22 GP 34 G 26 A 27 P 53
Barkov 2021-22 GP 23 G 15 A 12 P 27

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Barkov is my favourite player, but the clear answer is Draisatl.

Assuming they maintain their paces over the course of 82 games this season, Draisatl would have 32 more points and 9 more goals. Which is basically the goal and point lead Draisatl has had over Barkov for the 2 seasons before this one.

I'm not sure the gap between their defensive acumen is so great that Barkov is preventing 30+ goals more than Draisatl.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Not this again.

I’m a Panthers homer, but I go with LD. Doesn’t mean I’d deal each other one for one. Drai will dominate the poll, and rightfully so. And he would with any player he’s up against.

He’s a unicorn to me. Undoubtedly a top 5 player because what he does now. My ONLY negative thought on him has, and always will be, is how good he would be on a team without 97.

Let’s take this poll for example. Barkov has been over a PPG center for 3+ seasons now.. Not taking into account this season, how would he do on the Panthers, centering 3rd and 4th line wingers, while taking the most defensive zone draws of any top 5 center, playing extensive PK time, and overall TOI. And having average players centering lines behind him? The Panthers had terrible issues scoring goals, which resulted in them moving Huberdeau off his line a few seasons ago. And taking all that into account, he still is above a PPG.

I think that if the roles were reversed now, Drai would thrive in Florida, and probably even improve their PP, because Barkov is so passive. And I also think the Oilers would look different as well, with Barkov centering their second line. They might not miss too much scoring, because Barkov has the magic in which you can add nearly anyone to his line, and they will score goals.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
McDavid
Draisaitl

MacKinnon
Matthews
Crosby

Barkov

(Centers)
Barkov can be added into the Matthews tier. He’s at least done it this year and even last he was good. Barkov has the better defence and is a better playmaker. Matthews is a better goal scorer and usually produces more. Both are legit 1Cs

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Not this again.

I’m a Panthers homer, but I go with LD. Doesn’t mean I’d deal each other one for one. Drai will dominate the poll, and rightfully so. And he would with any player he’s up against.

He’s a unicorn to me. Undoubtedly a top 5 player because what he does now. My ONLY negative thought on him has, and always will be, is how good he would be on a team without 97.

Let’s take this poll for example. Barkov has been over a PPG center for 3+ seasons now.. Not taking into account this season, how would he do on the Panthers, centering 3rd and 4th line wingers, while taking the most defensive zone draws of any top 5 center, playing extensive PK time, and overall TOI. And having average players centering lines behind him? The Panthers had terrible issues scoring goals, which resulted in them moving Huberdeau off his line a few seasons ago. And taking all that into account, he still is above a PPG.

I think that if the roles were reversed now, Drai would thrive in Florida, and probably even improve their PP, because Barkov is so passive. And I also think the Oilers would look different as well, with Barkov centering their second line. They might not miss too much scoring, because Barkov has the magic in which you can add nearly anyone to his line, and they will score goals.

Draisaitl’s been doing that for years at this point.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Draisaitl’s been doing that for years at this point.

Not to the extent as Barkov. Plus he had 97 centering the top line, or playing together, for portions of games. The Panthers were so desperate for goals, they separated Barkov and Huberdeau. The answer is still obviously Drai, but he has such a huge advantage playing with 97.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Draisaitl's offensive game is far more valuable than the complete Barkov. Draisaitl without hesitation.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's not a real conversation that someone else is the second best player in the league until the Hart doesn't reside in Edmonton.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I see the voters don't watch Panthers games, nor know other stuff.
- just looking at the name and clicking on Draisaitl, just because....

The obvious correct choice is Sasha Barkov
- and this is not even a biased notion

He is defense first guy, to the bone, yet...
he is just 4 career goals shy of 200 and
just 7 career points shy of 500.

Imagine if he was 100% offence like Draisaitl,
the amount of goals & points he be putting
to the score board...he be winning all the offensive
awards and not the Oilers duo.

Draisaitl is just a hairline ahead of Barkov
in career points, while playing with the best
player in the world, almost his entire career,
where as Barkov....

Barkov should have won the voting and not Draisaitl
- every GM in the world would pick Barky over Drai

• Haha
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I'm sure this has been done before but let's do it again. Couple great young centers drafted a year apart. Drai has a pretty wide edge offensively, Barkov the same defensively. Which one you taking for your team?

Draisaitl 2021-22 GP 34 G 26 A 27 P 53
Barkov 2021-22 GP 23 G 15 A 12 P 27

What um... wide edge on offensive numbers you are talking about?
this season?, sure, recent games?, that goes towards Barkov, career wise?,
that's almost even...

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
McDavid is in his own tier but this is Drai despite the clear 2 way game superiority Barkov enjoys. Unreal sniping and playmaking combo. What do the 2s fancy defensive charts say ? ( Barkov is better but curious how much better analytically).

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
What um... wide edge on offensive numbers you are talking about?
this season?, sure, recent games?, that goes towards Barkov, career wise?,
that's almost even...

They both broke out 4 years ago with their first true "elite" offensive season. So counting those 4 years since 2018-2019:

Leon Draisaitl - 243 games, 150 goals, 202 assists, 352 points. Average of 118 points over 82 games
Aleksander Barkov - 222 games, 96 goals, 148 assists, 244 points. Average of 90 points per 82 games.

So Draisaitl is outscoring Barkov by approx 28 points per 82 games played.

I'm a Habs fan. We have a new player on our team this year, Christian Dvorak. For the past 4 years, he averages close to 42 points per 82 games.
Chicago Blackhawks have this player called Alex Debrincat. Maybe you've heard of him. For the past 4 years, he averages 70 points per 82 games.

28 point gap. Barkov is as close to Draisaitl offensively these last 4 years as Christian Dvorak is to Debrincat.

So what do you think - whose better offensively, Debrincat, or Dvorak?

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad