Draisaitl or MacKinnon

Who would you build a team around.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Who do I take moving forward. There was a poll including Drai and Matthews recently. Here's my very sensible and logical way of ranking who I take moving forward between the 3.

Matthews over Mack
Drai over Matthews
Mack over Drai

Somehow - this makes sense in my head.

Reactions: Nick Hansen

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Who do I take moving forward. There was a poll including Drai and Matthews recently. Here's my very sensible and logical way of ranking who I take moving forward between the 3.

Matthews over Mack
Drai over Matthews
Mack over Drai

Somehow - this makes sense in my head.
That's like choosing a starter in Pokémon!

Reactions: B33K33PING

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
(MOD)
I'd take MacKinnon over Drai but wouldn't blame someone for taking Drai. Hard to ignore that production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
One more season like this and I'd take Draisaitl without any hesitation. Right now it's close with MacKinnon having a small edge if there is one

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Either over Matthews is an easy decision.

I'd take MacKinnon over Drai but wouldn't blame someone for taking Drai. Hard to ignore that production.
I will ignore the first quote because I don't want to make a thread about Matthews but the second part is exactly what I think too.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Mack by just a slight bit. This one is a lot closer than the Drai vs Matthews poll though.
None of the three are great defensively but Mack is the best of the three imo. Draisaitl’s amazing production makes it a really tough choice though

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
About even and maybe a slight edge to Mack for his skating. If Drai repeats the same production or more, then it's him

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Mack by just a slight bit. This one is a lot closer than the Drai vs Matthews poll though.
None of the three are great defensively but Mack is the best of the three imo. Draisaitl’s amazing production makes it a really tough choice though

The current poll numbers show it’s not close at all actually.

MacKinnon is much better.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The current poll numbers show it’s not close at all actually.

MacKinnon is much better.
I disagree. The correct answer is Mack. But it is close. The poll results simply show that most people prefer Mack by a bit and even a lot of Edmonton fans are voting objectively rather than just homer voting like we see in some other polls. Cough. Cough.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I disagree. The correct answer is Mack. But it is close. The poll results simply show that most people prefer Mack by a bit and even a lot of Edmonton fans are voting objectively rather than just homer voting like we see in some other polls. Cough. Cough.

Part of building around a player is current and future projection, as I’m sure you’d agree in the case of Pettersson. Draisaitl hasn’t developed a 2 way game and will be 25 soon. He’s a one way player that racks almost half his points on the PP being fed from McDavid. Mack is the best player on his team and carried the Avs while Rantanen and Landeskog were injured all year. MacKinnon is a much better all around player.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
MacKinnon and McDavid are the only two players in the league that I think they can score whenever they touch the puck. Even in the neutral zone.

Not even close to me.

Reactions: 6ix

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Part of building around a player is current and future projection, as I’m sure you’d agree in the case of Pettersson. Draisaitl hasn’t developed a 2 way game and will be 25 soon. He’s a one way player that racks almost half his points on the PP being fed from McDavid. Mack is the best player on his team and carried the Avs while Rantanen and Landeskog were injured all year. MacKinnon is a much better all around player.
I disagree. Mack has a lot more on his team to help him than Drai. I think there are no two players in the league that carry a heavier load than Drai and McDavid. Give those two more help and cut Draisaitl’s minutes down to a more manageable level and I think his D improves. There is no player in the league imo who can play those type of minutes without his D play suffering.

The two are close imo. The Art Ross and likely and deserving Hart winner brings more offense but less D. Another year like this one and I’d choose him over Mack.

Reactions: McCanovin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce