Draisaitl is making a case of being better than mcdavid

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
In some peoples eyes McJesus is the "true next one" that Crosby never was, and thus, he and only he can and must be the uncontested best player in the world. Any player outperforming McDavid is either a) feasting off the saviour himself, b) his linemates or c) surfing on a lucky wave. It just wouldn't fit the narrative if some random German dude with a funny name were actually on the same level as a former Canadian hype prospect.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
In some peoples eyes McJesus is the "true next one" that Crosby never was, and thus, he and only he can and must be the uncontested best player in the world. Any player outperforming McDavid is either a) feasting off the saviour himself, b) his linemates or c) surfing on a lucky wave. It just wouldn't fit the narrative if some random German dude with a funny name were actually on the same level as a former Canadian hype prospect.

This is a strange take considering we all love Drai, rely on him to be amazing and think he's basically the second or third best forward in the game.

He just shows up less often, is less explosive, generates fewer scoring chances, needs better linemates to produce at the same level and is clearly the second banana when they play together. If you're gonna broach the topic, we're gonna give you the answer.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
McDavid has consistently been a 100 point or better player no matter who is on his line since he was 19 years old. Benoit Pouliot, Jordan Eberle, Ty Rattie, Patrick Maroon, Josh Archibald, Zack Kassian - it didn't matter. It's never mattered. Don't think it's an accident that Drai's first time matching that level of production out on his own comes with two really good players. He kinda needs it, McDavid kinda doesn't. That's why Drai got them and McDavid didn't.

Your claim to have watched all these games and NOT know this is dubious indeed.
The people claiming Draisaitl is better then McDavid are similar to those that were claiming Kucherov was a better player then McDavid as of last season. They failed to recognize that Kucherov played on a team that scored 90 more goals. As an Oiler fan I am loving what Draisaitl is doing, but I have also watched countless times he has been asked to center his own line and it has been unsuccessful in the past, and it was obvious why. Which is why I defended Draisaitl numerous times. He wasn't given the tools to succeed. The tools are there and he is killing it right now.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Drai himself will be the first to let you know
McDavid is the best in the world and it’s not close. Drai isn’t ahead of mackinnon yet let alone Connor. I’m just happy to have 2 of the best 5 players in the league as part of my core for the next 5+ seasons

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
You can certainly make the case he's better than McDavid, but neither of them is in the conversation for best player in the league.

Don't want to get into a debate with this guy. Woof. He'll eat you alive with his knowledge and hard hitting facts. Case in point with that /drop mic post.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
A future is notoriously hard thing to see accurately, but if someone would point a gun at my head and force me to say how I see it I would say something like:

At the end of their careers Drai will have considerably better career numbers than McDavid due better consistency in keeping himself healthy. However, no matter what Drai did in his more complete career, McDavid will be still widely considered better player measured by raw skill and insight to the game.

Drai is the one more likely to win Stanley Cup. He will also achieve proportionally much higher impact to the future of hockey in his home country than McDavid ever can.

At the moment, now, what the topic's title claims, is true for this season.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
The people claiming Draisaitl is better then McDavid are similar to those that were claiming Kucherov was a better player then McDavid as of last season. They failed to recognize that Kucherov played on a team that scored 90 more goals. As an Oiler fan I am loving what Draisaitl is doing, but I have also watched countless times he has been asked to center his own line and it has been unsuccessful in the past, and it was obvious why. Which is why I defended Draisaitl numerous times. He wasn't given the tools to succeed. The tools are there and he is killing it right now.

So, since McDavid's injury Draisatl was playing on Tampa with Kucherov, right? :sarcasm:

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
So, since McDavid's injury Draisatl was playing on Tampa with Kucherov, right? :sarcasm:
Check the dictionary and look up a word called "context". Then maybe you will have a clue what I was talking about, but likely not. Either way it's great to be an Oilers fan right now.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
So in other words the Oilers have the 2 best players in the world....Let's start talking about why RNH isnt considered the 3rd best player.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Check the dictionary and look up a word called "context". Then maybe you will have a clue what I was talking about, but likely not. Either way it's great to be an Oilers fan right now.
Check the dictionary and look up a word called "logic" :laugh:

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Didn’t McDavid play a majority of this year with a partially torn knee? I think Drai needs to be more consistent than one season. He’s playing great right now but who knows what will happen if McDavid comes back in better shape. I feel like he has been dealing with injuries all year.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Lol. In this context, what logically follows is yet another mud-slinging fest.

Tri-party matchup that includes: Leafsites, Oileroids, and the rest of us. :D

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
You should do the same since you obviously have zero, so apparently it hasn't helped.
It's a bad time to be an Oilers fan. The nonsense of "McDavid is better than Kucherov cause he plays on the worst team" shows now the problem of that kind of logic.

Draisatl is a better player than McDavid this season. As Kucherov was last season.

Accept it and chill already.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad