Draisaitl is making a case of being better than mcdavid

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
mcdavid is flashier, Draisaitl has a more complete game

There are like three things total that Drai does better: Use his body to protect the puck, pass on his backhand and one time the puck.

Other than that McDavid has him beat on everything. Take it from somebody who has literally watched every game either player has ever played in the NHL. McDavid is better.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
I think there's not much difference between McDavid and Draisaitl. Probably the best players in the NHL right now with Mackinnon in 3rd place.

Reactions: Eisen

ImJustJokinen

Vinnie Desharnais for Hart Ross
Apr 7, 2019
Cup Parade
There are like three things total that Drai does better: Use his body to protect the puck, pass on his backhand and one time the puck.

Other than that McDavid has him beat on everything. Take it from somebody who has literally watched every game either player has ever played in the NHL. McDavid is better.
Relax buddy lmao. That's a lot of fans on here including me. As mentioned in this thread already, it's the grace period that's clouding your vision. Draisaitl is definitely helping the team to at least the same degree mcd is this season. McDavid's speed is obviously the biggest part of his game while drai's tangibles are more subdued, and his game also seems to keep growing. I'm not disagreeing with you ultimately, but it's not as clear cut as you make it seem.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004

Drai is also better at faceoffs, defensive zone coverage, and scoring empty net goals

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Relax buddy lmao. That's a lot of fans on here including me. As mentioned in this thread already, it's the grace period that's clouding your vision. Draisaitl is definitely helping the team to at least the same degree mcd is this season. McDavid's speed is obviously the biggest part of his game while drai's tangibles are more subdued, and his game also seems to keep growing. I'm not disagreeing with you ultimately, but it's not as clear cut as you make it seem.
While Draisaitl has been better this year and his game does continue to grow I don't think it's enough to displace McDavid from the top spot. Let's see what happens next season when McDavid isn't coming off a knee injury that should have cost him this entire season.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
No. Drai could win the Art Ross this year and next year, and people would still say McDavid is better due to grace period. @daver has made this argument with Crosby. That even when Crosby has been out of top in points he still is the best due to grace period.
this is correct. Kucherov's reign starts once McDavids ends due to last season so Drai can't be the best for at least 9 years now

KidLine93

May 15, 2012

and faceoffs

Reactions: SK13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad