Draisaitl & Andersson

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I find this whole thing quite amusing. Draisaitl has to know he's getting the retaliation call every single time, and rightly so. I also think he tried to sell it as well.

But Andersson takes the cake by selling a bullet ripping through him and grabbing either the wrong leg or his ass for good measure.

Should have been offsetting penalties. Andersson for embellishment and Draisaitl for slashing.

Reactions: CookiesAndMilk

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Some folks will say Drai had the bigger dive lmaoooo
I think he pretty obviously tried to sell it. He took a love tap from Rasmus and gave one back harder. But he stayed on his feet and didn't flail his arms around, lol.

Really surprised they didn't call both.

Reactions: nturn06

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
I find this whole thing quite amusing. Draisaitl has to know he's getting the retaliation call every single time, and rightly so. I also think he tried to sell it as well.

But Andersson takes the cake by selling a bullet ripping through him and grabbing either the wrong leg or his ass for good measure.

Should have been offsetting penalties. Andersson for embellishment and Draisaitl for slashing.

Nah, that's what happens if you hit the right spot there. Remember doing that as kids, you just lightly put your knee on the fold of someone else's knee and that person's whole leg bends. He doesn't see the slash coming and wouldn't have reacted that fast if he was trying to sell it. Such a clear difference between the two.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Nah, that's what happens if you hit the right spot there. Remember doing that as kids, you just lightly put your knee on the fold of someone else's knee and that person's whole leg bends. He doesn't see the slash coming and wouldn't have reacted that fast if he was trying to sell it. Such a clear difference between the two.
WTH were you and your friends doing as kids/?

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Agree to disagree. He came up lame like it hurt, which I really don't think it did, and if it did, the one he gave out would have hurt much worse.

They both should have been sent off imo.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Drai can't take selfish penalties like that, the retaliation ALWAYS gets called especially in the playoffs. It could cost us a game potentially.

At the same time I do appreciate that he refuses to take shit from someone going after him. Should've both been sent to the box there, whether you call embellishment or the original slash for Andersson.

Anyway stuff like this happens every other game

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
What Drai did was disgusting, like he fused Bertuzzi, Brashear and Cooke into one, absolutely throw the book at him.

• Haha
Reactions: Nemesis Prime

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
WTH were you and your friends doing as kids/?
you walk up on someone unsuspecting like talking in a group and then knee the back of their knee with your knee and they fold.

We did this a lot in Highschool, but we were asshole skater kids in the early 2000s with jackass in the height of its popularity.

Last edited:

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Both embellished it definitely. Ras just put a little more flair into it.
Even though it was exaggerated that shit still f***ing hurts.

Surprised Leon didn't go right for the sack, that's his signature move.
To be fair, Drai stopped the nut shots about 2 years ago.

Seems like his preferred move now slashing the back of the leg.

it does seem like it's easy to goad him into taking a stupid penalty.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
you walk up on some unsuspecting like talking in a group and then knee the back of their knee with your knee and they fold.

We did this a lot in Highschool, but we were asshole skater kids in the early 2000s with jackass in the height of its popularity.
I'm somehow still just as confused lol. I'm getting Dahmer vibes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad