Draftwired (NHL) is now 'live'

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
thats a personal thing with me. It's actually much easier programatically to use scroll bars. I hate scroll bars. I like the navigation buttons much better. Personal preference, you'll get used to it, trust me

Yup. As a programmer, scroll bars are much easier. Just preference :)

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
The rankings - final word for 2017

they are what they are. My goal concerning the rankings for year 1 was to just get something semi-reasonable out there and get people used to the app.

Anyone who'd like to help me out next year with the rankings (or this year, I suppose) is encouraged to pm me. Strictly volunteer

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Are you making this for yourself, or for others to enjoy?

Because you seem a little defensive towards criticism and feedback, when it seems like that's exactly what you came here looking for. Yeah, it's "free" but almost everything is free online nowadays... people are spoiled, need to make your stuff stand out somehow. The worst way to do that, is by referring to feedback as "complaining" and assuring them "they'll get used to" things they don't like. :laugh:

One developer to another, that's my feedback. Neat little tool though. Sabres are pretty much guaranteed Heiskanen, sweet. :naughty:

Reactions: dukeofjive

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
they are what they are. My goal concerning the rankings for year 1 was to just get something semi-reasonable out there and get people used to the app.

Anyone who'd like to help me out next year with the rankings (or this year, I suppose) is encouraged to pm me. Strictly volunteer

This site is great for rankings: http://www.mynhldraft.com/2017-draft/2017-nhl-draft-rankings

They compile 12 of the leading rankings available online and average them out. Obviously it doesn't fully meet your needs as you're only going to be able to use it for the first round. But I think users are more tolerate of Wild variance outside of the first round anyway. So I think that site would be a great baseline for picks 1-31 and then you could use a smaller collection of lists to supplement the remaining rounds, even if the sample size will result in some fairly whacky picks. I mean, that's how the draft usually goes outside of the 1st anyway.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Auto-select function places to heavy a priority on "team needs". This causes far more variance to the picks in the early rounds than you are likely to see.

A good start, will need tuning to become closer to an accurate representation.

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA

Because you seem a little defensive towards criticism and feedback, when it seems like that's exactly what you came here looking for. Yeah, it's "free" but almost everything is free online nowadays... people are spoiled, need to make your stuff stand out somehow. The worst way to do that, is by referring to feedback as "complaining" and assuring them "they'll get used to" things they don't like. :laugh:

One developer to another, that's my feedback. Neat little tool though. Sabres are pretty much guaranteed Heiskanen, sweet. :naughty:

you are right. it's just the rankings - over and over - i cant do much to make everyone happy.

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Auto-select function places to heavy a priority on "team needs". This causes far more variance to the picks in the early rounds than you are likely to see.

A good start, will need tuning to become closer to an accurate representation.

this is by no means the finished product. I had to get release 1 out so I can gather info and fine tune the 2018 vrsn, thx

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
This site is great for rankings: http://www.mynhldraft.com/2017-draft/2017-nhl-draft-rankings

They compile 12 of the leading rankings available online and average them out. Obviously it doesn't fully meet your needs as you're only going to be able to use it for the first round. But I think users are more tolerate of Wild variance outside of the first round anyway. So I think that site would be a great baseline for picks 1-31 and then you could use a smaller collection of lists to supplement the remaining rounds, even if the sample size will result in some fairly whacky picks. I mean, that's how the draft usually goes outside of the 1st anyway.

I will check this out tonight. I have a some other work to do today. If I can get the top 31 reset - i will do so. Give me a day or 2, thanks

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
you are right. it's just the rankings - over and over - i cant do much to make everyone happy.

I think it's a great start and reasonable people understand that this is version 1. Thanks for contributing a new and tangible tool for NHL draft nuts to enjoy. There isn't enough of this kind of stuff and we SHOULD all be grateful for the effort. Well done! :clap:

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Yeah, seems a little wild. I like the UI though. Relatively easy to navigate.

Got Makar @ 14, Bowers @ 45, Lias Andersson @ 48.

I'd take it fa sho, but ain't gonna happen.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Nice work

Ran this a few times for the Jets and every time Vilardi keeps falling to us. I just can't see that happening

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

That's exactly how I feel and exactly why I am not interested in clicking that link.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Just got Cody Glass at 44th overall! I think you allow for a bit too much slippage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad