Draft Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Really hoping for Svechnikov with the first pick. He's a top-10 talent. If he's available, I hope Murray learned a lesson from passing on Tarasenko. If he's not available, Sprong or Connor would be great too.

For the second pick, one of Roy or Dunn would be ideal. Ottawa's entire core is really young, and there's really no sense stocking up on "safe" prospects, especially after going that route with Ceci and Lazar.

e: Also, this project seems to back up my gut feeling, so there you go: http://www.theprojectionproject.com...ing-the-2015-draft-by-probability-of-success/

Based on that, Rasmus Andersson might be worth taking a flyer on with one of the seconds.

Last edited:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
RE: that combine interview with Roy... if he's a guy you call regularly when you're stressed or need advice, the language barrier and stress shouldn't impact that one iota. If he's an important person, you remember his name. Full stop. That was just uncomfortable.

WhiteLight*

RE: that combine interview with Roy... if he's a guy you call regularly when you're stressed or need advice, the language barrier and stress shouldn't impact that one iota. If he's an important person, you remember his name. Full stop. That was just uncomfortable.

People are affected by stress differently. Just because that's the case for you (or even most people), doesn't mean that's the case for everyone.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Really hoping for Svechnikov and one of Roy or Dunn. Svechnikov is probably too much to hope for though.

e: Sprong or Connor would also be good. But Svechnikov looks like he could be a star. If he's available, I hope Murray learned a lesson from passing on Tarasenko.

Same. I'd be willing to trade up to draft Svech.

18th + 48th for 14th/15th

14th: Svechnikov
21st: Boeser/Dunn/Chabot/Konecny

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
Same. I'd be willing to trade up to draft Svech.

18th + 48th for 14th/15th

14th: Svechnikov
21st: Boeser/Dunn/Chabot/Konecny

I do want Svechnikov, but I have a feeling he will still be there at 18. It's hard to say. Either way, I doubt Murray drafts him considering his history. Drafting a Russian would be shocking enough, let alone moving up to draft one. Who knows though. There is a first time for everything.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I do want Svechnikov, but I have a feeling he will still be there at 18. It's hard to say. Either way, I doubt Murray drafts him considering his history. Drafting a Russian would be shocking enough, let alone moving up to draft one. Who knows though. There is a first time for everything.

I'd be flabbergasted if he was still there past 16. I think the Oil are going with a Russian, either goalie or Svechnikov

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

The Flames and Oilers are supposedly high on him at 15 and 16 respectively. Will probably have to move up to get him, unless the Oilers end up trading their 1st for a goalie/defenseman.

Svechnikov is different from the typical Russian forwards that we pass on. He's come to North America, has a great work ethic and isn't much of a flight risk.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Forgetting your mentor's name is on par with forgetting your parents' names.

Maybe he has 5 mentors like this chap.
Here-In-My-Garage-Just-Bought-This-New-Lamborghini-Here.jpg

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
We need to rebuild this defence Im hoping for Zboril & Kylington or Carlsson

Meth Karlsson
Zboril Ceci
Carlsson Cowen

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I agree. The Sens have to take Kylington. This guy is going to beast the NHL. Plus, the Leafs draft 3 spots after us, so if we don't take him they will.

I wonder how close he is to NHL ready. At the start of the year I would have said next season considering he was top 5 in a deep draft, but now I am not sure.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I wonder how close he is to NHL ready. At the start of the year I would have said next season considering he was top 5 in a deep draft, but now I am not sure.

Probably another season in Sweden, then one in the AHL and then one in the NHL.

WhiteLight*

Forgetting your mentor's name is on par with forgetting your parents' names.

do you think he doesn't know his name?

- 18 years old
- language barrier
- maybe/probably his first job interview in his life
- in front 5 intimidating guys, especially the bald guy who was being a ****
- super high profile job interview, that is recorded on video, where thousands will analyze/laugh at him for what he says
- you don't know if he has autism, social anxiety or other mental disorders

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Kylington obviously isn't high on our lists, if he was we wouldn't be trying to trade up using both out firsts. We would just take him with 18 or 21.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
do you think he doesn't know his name?

- 18 years old
- language barrier
- maybe/probably his first job interview in his life
- in front 5 intimidating guys, especially the bald guy who was being a ****
- super high profile job interview, that is recorded on video, where thousands will analyze/laugh at him for what he says
- you don't know if he has autism, social anxiety or other mental disorders
Yes, that is exactly what the video showed. Going based off the information that we have, Roy could not name his mentor when asked. I'm not going to speculate on potential stress issues, mental issues or anything else that we don't know. I'm saying, going based off what we know and saw, he did not know his mentor's name. And that's really sketchy.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Probably 5 years is best bet. He has a LONG way to go. Same time frame as Rundblad, basically, although, Rundblad was a lot better in his draft year. But Kylington is at least relatively advanced physically.

He's a project. Worth a gamble in the early 2nd, but I wouldn't use a 1st on him.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm kind of expecting it, but I hope we don't trade up purely to get Konecny. Not convinced the guy's an NHLer.

Agreed, we already have too many small skilled players in this organization who we can't seem to fit in. With two 1st rd picks I'm hoping they select Paul Bittner with one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad