Draft Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Harkins was definitely pretty impressive in that clip. He's definitely a player I like, I just haven't focused on him too much since I think he'd be a reach at #18. If we can trade back into the end of the 1st round I'd have no issue taking him. Could be a Mike Fisher type guy in the future. Would make a heck of a 3rd line with Lazar.

It makes me wonder a little whether Ottawa would pick a centre like that when they kind of already have one in Lazar. I understand that they are trying Lazar at RW but they have Chiasson who is quite young & Robinson coming & Ryan & Stone already locked at RW. It also makes me wonder if Pageau is the long term solution at centre when Lazar could potentially be the perfect 3rd line centre for this team some day. I like Z. Smith as the 4th line centre once Legwand is moved out.

My guess is that someone falls to them which always happens that they end up saying they had much higher on their lists. They never thought he would fall to them & they are delighted he did & they got a steal & a heck of a player. Hopefully it is a player like Harkins.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'd really love to draft Harkins if we get another pick off one of our goalies I think he can be one of those big time gamers who people say going late 1st early 2nd and know he has ability to be difference maker. A guy like Saad or O'Reilly or Krejci(which he gets compared to).

That music had me expecting something else was going on in there.

Looooooooooooool, what do you mean?

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
So, assuming we keep both firsts, what's your dream scenario?

For me:

(18) Merkley
(21) Boesser
(42) Juulsen
(48) Meloche

Tremblay31

Jun 18, 2011
Germany
Trading up now for 10 - 12 or pick 2 players?

18 (Merkley Konecny or a DMen)
21 would love to get DeBrusk with this Pick!
:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
With two 1sts and two 2nds, that's not too surprising. Could be a fun day after all.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
I could see us going after Merkley as well if we're moving up a bit. He could be a good one and is right up BM's alley in terms of what he looks for in players(especially considering the Perry comparisons Merkley is drawing).

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I could see us going after Merkley as well if we're moving up a bit. He could be a good one and is right up BM's alley in terms of what he looks for in players(especially considering the Perry comparisons Merkley is drawing).

Merkley might be available at 18, and 21. This could of course turn out to be wrong, given how teams vary in their rankings, but I don't think you have to get into the top 12 for him.

Tee Lo

May 1, 2015
Kylington is the best skating Dman in the draft with great skill and very dynamic... He had a tough year but this guy is really good.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
I'd love to move up and take Meier. I don't think I'd like the price of moving up into the top 10.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Some have no clue of pick valuation or precedent. "I'll give you 15 and 52 for 18 and 21"...

No, in 08 it took a 3rd rounder to move from 18 to 15. Jesus man

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I can see the extra first making one of the seconds expendable. How many spots could murray move up for a second? 5? 6? And still have 2 first and a 2nd left.

This draft is going to be fun.

Konecny plz

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
If we keep the picks, I expect we might see a "safe" and "risk" pick combined.

Safe would be Harkins or White or even DeBrusk.

The riskier pick would be Sprong or Dunn.

I also wouldn't be be shocked to see the Sens draft someone generally regarded as lower in the 1st round, such as Beauvellier, Larson, Novak, or the aforementioned Dunn.

Getting one of Zboril, Merkley or Konecny at 18 would be a coup, although I suspect they will be gone by 18. But you never know.

Getting Harkins is fine by me. Lots of offensive upside there, and plays a smart game while also having a really good motor. Very different from Lazar though, in that Harkins is an elite playmaking center. Lazar is really a goal scorer, whether he is center or winger. They could be good line mates down the line, actually, although either of those guys can play with anyone.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
I hope if the team trades up it's for a top 8 pick. Maybe it's just my reading of the players in this draft but unless you are getting a top guy, I'd rather take my chances with 2 guys at picks 18 and 21.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I'm telling you guys, we have to draft Kylington. This kid is going to be the steal of the draft and a star. But the main reason is, we lost a Swede today, and we need to replace him asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad